18x9 wheel ???

signal7

Established Member
Found these:Mustang® Saleen Wheels
Here are some pics on a new edge for reference:http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/visual/283983-photos-after-18x9-hyper-silver-saleens.html

First, tell me if you like them. I'm not a big fan a fake rivets but for the price I might be able to live with it.

I would prefer a staggered wheel setup(18x9, 18x10) but the car is somewhat of a daily driver, I don't really put a lot of miles on the car but it is the car I drive to work and run a few errands in occasionally. So, with the 18x9 all around it would give me the ability to rotate tires. I see a lot of people put on like a 265/35/18 tire. I'm wondering if a 265/40/18 would also fit with out issues. I ask because I do take the car to the strip occasionally and would prefer a little more side wall. The car is not lowered and if it were it would be a minimal drop.

I'm thinking of these tires:g-Force Sport COMP-2 | BFGoodrich Tires
Scroll down to the specs sheet.
The 265/35/18 has an overall diameter of 25.3
The 265/40/18 has an overall diameter of 26.3

What about a 275/35/18 or a 275/40/18, too big?
If i go with a non-staggered wheel setup I want a non-staggered tire setup also. How will the overall diameter of the tire affect the speedo with the tires you suggest? The car is stock.

Last edited:

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
I have 18x9 with 275/35s and they work fine and my car is dropped
The wheels look funny with rivets but that's a hell of a deal for the price
Lastly I would never buy another BFG unless its something like a drag radial or slick I couldn't catch traction even to keep up with traffic, maybe the sport comp 2 is different but doubtful
Just my .2

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
I had a 275/35/18 up front with no issue.

MINOR scrubbing in the inter fender shields at full lock. Didn't bother me any.

97RioRedSnake

SVT
Established Member
I don't think they look bad at all. I have no experience with OE Wheels but as long as coating durability/corrosion resistance is up to snuff (since this is a dd) I say go for it.

signal7

Established Member
I went and looked at the wheels yesterday. The company is located about twenty miles from my house. I didn't really like the wheels even if they were a good price. The hypersilver on this wheel is more anthracite than silver. The rivets are placed on after the final clear so that makes them a pain in the butt to clean, and they look cheap(the rivets). By the time you buy wheel spacers and possibly longer wheel studs for the rear savings are zilch or worse. 18x10's are the way to go.

I would really like a set of polished Saleens but the maintenance isn't worth it on a car that sits outside all the time and driven a couple of times a week.
I decided to go with Wheel Replicas Silver Saleen Style Wheel:Silver 18x10 Saleen Replica Rims for Musangs 18x10 Saleen Style Wheel Replicas 1994-2004
18x9 fronts and 18x10 rears and all new lug nuts. Ordered them today and will ship out tomorrow. Now I just need tires.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread