18x10.5 tire ?'s

yellow03vert

Established Member
I just bought a set of afs 03 cobra replicas and the rears are 18x10.5. My question is what would be the better tire the 295/35/18 or 315/30/18 Bfg drag radial? I would like to run the 315 but I do not want to run spacers and I think the 295 will be a little small. Sorry if this question has been asked I searched but could only find stuff on the 17" wheels.

Redfire03

Established Member
I had 18x10.5 with Toyo 295's, they still rubbed. There is really nothing you can do with these cars besides the suggested mods. You may get lucky and not have a car that rubs though...

yellow03vert

Established Member
A 295 bfg is still as wide or wider than a 315 nitto.

Yes this is true but I am getting ready to have a new whipple installed soon and am probally going to run 19lbs and just wanted to get as much traction as possible. That is one of the reasons I want to go Bfg instead of the nittos I heard they hook a little better and I love the way they look. Thanks for the info so far guys

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Redfire03 said:
I had 18x10.5 with Toyo 295's, they still rubbed. There is really nothing you can do with these cars besides the suggested mods. You may get lucky and not have a car that rubs though...

wait a 295 is going to rub even if you arent lowered? that is a bunch of shit! is it becuase they are on 18s?

P_RsSVT

Established Member
Redfire03 said:

They still rubbed where? Fender or IRS bolt?

P_RsSVT

Established Member
I have a set of afs 18 with the 295. Im waiting to get my car back from the dealer. If they rub I guess Im going to go with a 1/4 spacer.

yellow03vert

Established Member
When you guys go with the spacers do you need to buy anything else like different lugs nuts or studs? Also where do you suggest to buy them I heard LFP had good ones.

ACESCOBRA

Bring it on!
Established Member
Im running 315s BFGs with 10.5 18's and no rubbing at all. Im planning on lowering the car and thats when it gets tricky.

P_RsSVT

Established Member
Acescobra, is your car not lowered? It looks lowered from the picture in your sig. I have the H&R race and it has that same stance...

ACESCOBRA

Bring it on!
Established Member
thats the magic of photoshop! :D

I like the H&Rs Race but their wesite only sale SS for verts. I wonder why?

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
yellow03vert said:
...where do you suggest to buy them I heard LFP had good ones.
If you need spacers thicker than 1/8", but thinner than 1/2"... THESE are about your only choice. They come with extended thread lugnuts, too. People have been running these with the stock wheel studs without any problems. Just make sure you keep the lugnuts torqued properly.

yellow03vert

Established Member
Top_Fuel said:
If you need spacers thicker than 1/8", but thinner than 1/2"... THESE are about your only choice. They come with extended thread lugnuts, too. People have been running these with the stock wheel studs without any problems. Just make sure you keep the lugnuts torqued properly.

Thanks for the info. With these spacers I would be able to run the 315's and get the traction I need so I might have to give them a try.

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
i run 295 toyo t1-s's and they need spacers with the 18x10.5
replicas. If they were the right offset rim I would def run 315's or
325's as they rim lip hits the concrete if you lay them flat...ie
no crub rash protection with my set-up.

I seem to have realy tight spacing with the rear irs blots
vs others.

oh yeah I have 1/4 MM spacers

03Cobra-Vert

Established Member
ACESCOBRA said:
Im running 315s BFGs with 10.5 18's and no rubbing at all. Im planning on lowering the car and thats when it gets tricky.

Hey ACESCOBRA, are you running GT3 wheels, or the AZA clones? I have a black 03 vert like yours, and have been debating between the AZA clones or bullets. Your wheels look great! Also, how do you like the BFG's? I've heard some bad reports with them in the rain.. any insight?
Thanks!!

Awesome car dude! :loser:

Users who are viewing this thread