17x9 Wheel Option For Your 93 Cobra's!!!

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
well, i bought this car 2 years ago. the guy had taken the original rims off and put these on there. well liked them at first but now wouldn't mind going back to the originals. problem is i want chrome ones. hard enough to find an original set in good condition, and more $ to chrome them. so here's an offer for someone out there. i'll trade these 17x9 (yes 9 in. wide) wheels for a nice set of chromed originals. consider non-chrome ones if in excellent shape, or possibly a cash offer.

i've exhausted my searches for other rims to put on. one question though, who has actually tried to bolt up the repro's and seen that they don't fit. i'm doing some math to see the backspacing. actually having a buddy measure the backspacing on these one's for me (i'm still in iraq) to compare the amount of room compared to the repro's. i run 275 40 in the back and 245 45 in the front. back left barely touched at first, so i gently tapped the lip of the inside of the fender out of the way and didn't have any problems. have stock axles and front hubs, to extinguish any ?'s.

i'm new and don't know how to attach pics, so here's a link to when he owned the car. rims are in great shape, might want to repaint due to some fading around the inside of the hub area. no bends or chips. one has very slight curb rash on about a 1 inch section of the lip. i will be busy with "work" for the next three days, but will update new pics of the wheels upon my return. wife's taking pictures specifically for this. and they don't make them anymore, they were specially made for him with proper backspacing. he was rich and told me he paid a lot for them.

lastly, i'm considering getting them chromed and keeping em, can anyone tell me of a reputable place to have this done, and a price guess?

sorry so long, wanted to get all the info i could think of. email me if you have a offer or whatever. here's the link for a temporary picture till i can update them.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/488112

email: [email protected]

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
488112_5_full.jpg

488112_1_full.jpg

488112_2_full.jpg

488112_3_full.jpg

Here are some pics of his car.

I would change that rear wing back to stock too if it were my car.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Mike - the repros WILL rub unless you roll the fender lips in the rear, or do an axle swap to 5.0 lenth/caliper relocation. The lip of the rim will sit flush with the lip of the rear quarter, assuming your axle is PERFECTLY centered (most are not).

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
Rich he said that and I quote "so i gently tapped the lip of the inside of the fender out of the way and didn't have any problems."

That should be enough, right ?

Users who are viewing this thread