17x10.5s with a spacer??

AaronK

Established Member
Anyone know if you can run the 10.5 replicas with a 1" spacer? I'm sure I'd have to roll the fenders. But I know Nittos run a little narrow. Would it would with MTs or BFGs??

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Trust me, you don't need to nor would you want to run a 1" spacer with a 10.5" wheel. 3/8" spacers are more than enough for the job.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Trust me, you don't need to nor would you want to run a 1" spacer with a 10.5" wheel. 3/8" spacers are more than enough for the job.
Disagree completely! I've been running a 1" hubcentric spacer for years with my 10.5 wheels and it is perfect. Spacer fear is a myth. I've had my car on the track, dyno, long road trips and aggressive street driving with no problems whatsoever! The 1" spacer gives your car a great look moving the outer edge of your tires closer to the edge of the fenderwell without going outside it.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Disagree completely! I've been running a 1" hubcentric spacer for years with my 10.5 wheels and it is perfect. Spacer fear is a myth. I've had my car on the track, dyno, long road trips and aggressive street driving with no problems whatsoever! The 1" spacer gives your car a great look moving the outer edge of your tires closer to the edge of the fenderwell without going outside it.

I'm running a spacer too (3/8" hub-centric), I didn't tell the OP to be fearful of running them. IMO I just think a 1" spacer would look ridiculous as it would be pushing a 10.5" rep. wheel out too far. :shrug:

BigBeez03 post up some pics.

AaronK

Established Member
The reason I ask is because I just got some 10.5s with BFGs on them and they wont even bolt down all the way because the tire is hitting the IRS bracket. I'm sure when it sits on the ground it might clear it though.

Either way, I'm thinking about running the 325/40/17s and I'm sure those will rub. I'm just hoping that they wont stick out too far and hit the outer fender even if it's rolled.

Also found a really good deal on some hub-centric 1" spacers.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
I'm running a spacer too (3/8" hub-centric), I didn't tell the OP to be fearful of running them. IMO I just think a 1" spacer would look ridiculous as it would be pushing a 10.5" rep. wheel out too far. :shrug:
BigBeez03 post up some pics.

I don't have access to my pics right now, on lunch at work. Anyhoo, I'm not sure you could tell the diff with the naked eye between a 3/8 and 1" spacer? I wouldn't put anything on my car that looked tacky, trust me the wheels don't stick out past the fenderwell. Actually they could still come out probably another inch before being flush with the fender.

The reason I ask is because I just got some 10.5s with BFGs on them and they wont even bolt down all the way because the tire is hitting the IRS bracket. I'm sure when it sits on the ground it might clear it though.

Either way, I'm thinking about running the 325/40/17s and I'm sure those will rub. I'm just hoping that they wont stick out too far and hit the outer fender even if it's rolled.

Also found a really good deal on some hub-centric 1" spacers.
I'm not sure about 325 size tires but post up some pics if you get them. I'll be needing new rear tires next summer and I may just go with BFG 315s after my Nittos get worn, i've heard the BFGs are wider than the Nittos of the same size.

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
Just for a comparison this is a 10" wheel with a 3/8 inch spacer with 295's

DSC00307.gif

AaronK

Established Member
Thanks for the pics guys.

BigBeez, are your fenders rolled? Do the tires hit the fenders? Is it lowered?

Anyone running spacers with a another 315 (or wider) than Nittos? These BFGs are significantly wider than the Nittos I used to run.

Jefe

Established Member
very noob question but what does rolled fenders mean?
Feel above your tires underneath your fenders and you will feel the medal that sticks down or straight out rather than being tucked up underneath. If you hit a dip too fast that untucked medal could cut into your tire tread

yeahyouknwit

Established Member
Feel above your tires underneath your fenders and you will feel the medal that sticks down or straight out rather than being tucked up underneath. If you hit a dip too fast that untucked medal could cut into your tire tread

Makes sense thanks.:beer: Felt like an idiot reading about it and not knowing what is was

Users who are viewing this thread