17X10.5s Front and Rear

1SCOOT

Established Member
Anyone running this setup and what tire sizes seem to look/work the best. I'm curious, I want to run 315s off the rear but I don't know what size tire will look good in the front. I have the stock 17x9s with 275s now. Thanks for any advice or pics :thumbsup:

optx002

Established Member
you cant run 17x10.5 in the front. most people here run a 275 or at most a 285 up front. running a 285 usually because they want to be able to rotate their tires,they get 285 up front. otherwise, go 275 in the front, 315 in the rear.

pipeliner

Established Member
I am working on 315s in the front.

Some things you are going to need to even try it.

Stock ride height
Rims with at least 7in back spacing
A baseball bat to roll the front fenders
Grinder to remove some of the front swaybar
Cutting wheel to remove peices of your inner fender

I wonder how many people I just scared off of even trying it. :)

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
SVT04 said:
I was right it looks stupid....... ! :bash: :rolleyes:

Well then, keep it on the street. Some things are done with function first and looks second but there's a select few on this board that mod their car that way.
:loser:

SVT04

Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
Well then, keep it on the street. Some things are done with function first and looks second but there's a select few on this board that mod their car that way.
:loser:

Function my a$$ why someone would want the 4x4 look and tires sticking out is beyond me.....A properly set up car lowered with good rubber all around will look good and handle better..... :rollseyes :burn:

N S

Wants to go faster
Established Member
Anybody have recommendations on the best place to find 17" x 10.5" stock '03 Cobra wheels (machine finish, grey paint on the inside?) Thanks.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
SVT04 said:
Function my a$$ why someone would want the 4x4 look and tires sticking out is beyond me.....A properly set up car lowered with good rubber all around will look good and handle better..... :rollseyes :burn:

Since you said the above that means you've done an actual lap time comparison of a car with 275/40r17s on all four corners versus the same car with 315/35r17s, and the 275s posted better lap times than the 315s?

rd04svt

Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
Since you said the above that means you've done an actual lap time comparison of a car with 275/40r17s on all four corners versus the same car with 315/35r17s, and the 275s posted better lap times than the 315s?

Track times are one thing but daily street driving??? With that much tire up front you will have problems with control....standing water? rutted roads?...When I put 325's on my truck I was told to put a steering stabilizer on.....I ignored the advice and during a hard rain I hit some standing water...it tore the steering wheel right out of my hands, which caused severe puckering of the bung hole, which caused seat damage... :rollseyes . I put a staberlizer on the following day. Now, I can only imagine the results of a simular event in a Cobra tooling down the road at excessive speeds and it looks stooooopid.... :dw: ..$.02 worth delivered...

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I never said anything about driving the car on the street this way. My post was to correct the BS misinformation that so often is posted on here as fact.

Please see above post where I said "Well then, keep it on the street. Some things are done with function first and looks second but there's a select few on this board that mod their car that way." The thread I was referring to was from the road race/ autoX forum on the corral, seldomly do looks trump function on the track. If I was going to run 315s up front then Id buy these to cover them up. That way all the whiners would think my car still looked cool.
wide_fenders2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread