17cc or 10cc Piston

geoffw

Boost Addict
Established Member
If you want to run high boost on pump gas, you NEED low compression, its as simple as that. Diving conditions are too volatile to risk running high compression and high boost on the street.

Period, end of story, dont bring up shop cars on race gas please, thats a whole different ball game.

cobraracer46

Banned
Sprayed_Pony said:
accompanied by 150 octane and crazy engine management ;-)
No, it is not nessary to run race fuel with with 10.5 compression and a centrifical blower when an intercooler is part of the package. Take a look at some street driven Z06 vett's with 11 to 1 compression and centrifical blowers and you can see that they are holding together.

NXSVTCOBRA

i was being sarcastic cobraracer, and besides he's running a turbo system from what i remember along with 100+ octane, i think thats what he said in one of his posts......

XR8TED285

Established Member
Well I took some more material out of the chambers today on the turbo race heads hopefully that will drop the comp.. I dont think the comp is that high I was just going off s.h.m book but I will never no untill I measure it myself another thing to ad is my chambers are extremly smooth probably over 60 hours in r&d on one port and chamber will be barrier coated along with the entire motor has an exterior dispersant coating chamber and pistons will also be coated this should help out a ton.. I am having custom copper gaskets with a o ring going in he heads so this should also drop cp. some... I'd like 10.0..This is not a daily driven street car..

Users who are viewing this thread