170 Reishe T-Stat question...

iwannacobra5

Established Member
i know this install is super easy, the only question i have is...how do i know it's doing it's job after the install since i can't really see anything? i've got aeroforce gauges so i can monitor temp levels, but i haven't got my tune yet that will change fan settings (will have it shortly).

thanks for the help!

mullens

Established Member
Since you have gauges it's easy. When there's air flowing through the radiator (highway driving ) you should see 175-180 ECT with the reische. Until you get your tune temps will spike to 195+ when sitting still.

jenkins_1120

Established Member
Since you have gauges it's easy. When there's air flowing through the radiator (highway driving ) you should see 175-180 ECT with the reische. Until you get your tune temps will spike to 195+ when sitting still.

^this, mine does the exact same thing

iwannacobra5

Established Member
right now my temps with the OEM t-stat hover around 195 when cruising around and may bump 200 at idle. i rarely take the car on the highway believe it or not, so i can't say what my temps are at hwy speeds. guess i'll have to do a test run...

Mopower

Established Member
If you have an SCT X3 I believe you should be able set your fan on / off temps easily. I think the thermostat comes with directions including what temps to set your fan on/off temps at. If you look in the other gt500 forum DYI section there is a write up on it. Good luck.

Kenneth

Established Member
Highway driving I usually see around 168-170* with the Riesh thermostat.
City is usually around 170-174*

Keep in mind this is winter driving, temps are in the 50-60* rage.

iwannacobra5

Established Member
guys, just wanted to update this thread.

i got it installed this afternoon. the install literally took me about 7 minutes. the longest part was unwrapping my siphon pump lol..

it's amazing the difference i am already seeing. coolant temps are 15-20 degrees cooler while cruising (175-180 degrees...ambient in the 60's) than they were during my test run early this morning (195 degrees...ambient 41). when i say cruising, i mean around 45 mph. i've read that you don't really see any difference while going less than hwy speeds when you haven't changed your fan settings, but that isn't the case with me. can't wait to update the tune and get the full potential out of this sucker! if you haven't got one of these, go get one!

thanks for all your help!

Mopower

Established Member
175 sounds about right to me. Nice job. Getting ready for the brutal Texas summer heat I assume.

Mopower

Established Member
I ordered one today. Why? Brutal Texas summer heat is just around the corner.
Heads up. If you don't have a dual fan heat xchanger, it's a fantastic upgrade also.

Users who are viewing this thread