17'' et street vs 17'' BFG drag on the street?

FINICKY

Established Member
I need some new tires my bfg's are dead. I dont drive the car much so i want a 17 inch tire that will give me max grip[ on the street. I was thinking of going with the new et streets and see what happens. The Bfg's are ok but i need more traction. Besides a slick im guessing the et's would be best?

FINICKY

Established Member
I guess i should say the new et street radiel instead.. Not the actual et street bias tire

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Mickey Thompson is supposed to be comming out with a new DR very soon that is supposed to be top notch..

cobra2547

Established Member
I sent an e-mail to M/T the other day they said in march they are releasing the next stage in sizes for their drag radials. So they will be coming out with bigger 17 inch sizes and 18 inch sizes too.

jeffsvt

Established Member
I'm in the market for tires as well since my Nittos are done ! I'm also thinking of some MT DR's but I have seen almost nothing on opinions of them on most forums . I might just go with the BFG's and try them out since I know alot of guys have luck with them at the track .

cobra2547

Established Member
I have no experience with them but I've heard the M/T are suppose to be alot better than the BFGs but they also don't last as long either and BFG don't last long so imagine how fast M/T wear.

FINICKY

Established Member
My bfg's on the street are ok. Much better than a street tire but traction is still limited. I dont really wanna go with a 315 out back so im looking fo a stick 275. I think the way the tread kinda rolls up on the bfg's after a burn out hinders traction. Like driving on a bunch of rubber rollers. All the new drag radiels have a directioal long tread pattern instead of the bfg's block tread.

I thought the Mickey tomphson ET street radiel was allready out? Theres two now et street and et street Radiel. Hmmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread