160 Degree Thermostat

Fred Metzler Jr

Established Member
:rolleyes:

Has anyone installed a cooler 160 degree thermostat in their trucks? Any response good or bad appreciated. I have a K&N filter, Borla Exhaust, and a Jet chip and I'm ready to do the water temp gauge/sender install and thought I'd drop the stat in while the water neck was out being drilled and tapped.
I've had one in my Typhoon for several years and it seems to help keep detonation in check when running at high boost and hot/humid air.
Thanks!!

Fred
01 BOLT

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
Fred - I've heard some say that it helps and others say is didn't. I haven't done this in my L so I don't have any first hand information. In theory it should help and I've seen it help on other cars that I've had in the past.

Good luck and let us know how it come out.

Triton

Established Member
thermostats

Have a 170* in my stock L. 2000 also jdm electric fan, Took out stock 180, i could see on the dash it ran cooler, lower on the gauge a little,,,

Fred Metzler Jr

Established Member
Thanks guys for the replys/opinions, lots of info to digest and think about looking at the cylinder wear charts!
I'm gonna try it when I get my water neck back from the drilling and taping and get my gauges installed. I'll post after I get a few miles on it.

Fred
01 BOLT

Users who are viewing this thread