150k, Time for a New Motor- Need Advice!

qkslvr221

Established Member
Hey guys, been out of the modding game for a while but I'm coming back in full force. My 97 is getting up there in mileage and I want a brand new motor to put her back in the game! Been checking out my options and I'm not really sure which direction to go in- Aluminator? 03/04 from tousley? MMR 750?

Looking for 500rwhp to start with so nothing crazy, it just has to fit a ported Eaton for the time being. My heads are in pretty rough shape and I'd want C heads, but the rest of my accessories are in good shape. Looks like I won't be able to use em anyway:whine:! Should I be looking at a longblock or buildin up a shortblock with some lightly used C's and a nicer intake? My budget is around 7500 for the whole thing.

Thanks for readin' everyone! :beer:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I say C, mildly worked over C heads, and a bored and stroked block will be a great start, then maybe a used pro-charger pushing 7-9 pounds of boost and you will have more than 500 to the wheels and a safe combo that will last.

oh also look into a higher compression than stock, somewhere in the 10:5 range

qkslvr221

Established Member
I like the worked C heads idea, from what I have read the 96-98 cams are the way to go in the C's. The stroker MMR blocks really look nice for the money, I do want positive displacement for sure. I'm just not sure about whether I should go with a shortblock and piecemeal all the parts or a longblock and reuse most of my accessories. Anyone with experience want to chime in?

crazycarlo

Established Member
Depending on what you want the final motor to be like. If you wanna run an eaton setup then id try to find a slightly used 03 motor that's complete or at least the lOngblock. If not why not a mmr stroker short block and eaton swap.

Users who are viewing this thread