150 shot, pump gas 408 sleeper wagon.. First ever pass.. 1.43'ed on back tires

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Almost ate it, got out of groove, but going back soon. Suffice to say, wasn't expecting the car to do what it did. Setup is run exactly as I run in on the street (minus borrowed slicks), on pump gas, splash of torco. Flung the serp belt this pass, had to wait until they closed to walk track and find it, lol. Suffice to say. It responded better than I thought.. Definately needs suspension tweaks. Almost ate wall twice, and got out of it 3 ****ing times.

Note tissue box on dash.. full weight minus carpet, and drives 5 comfortably to car shows.

20130324_135037_zpsfe7cd127.jpg

It's a biscuit.. but it's just too much fun.

In car footage

Ford LTD.. WAGON - YouTube

Rear Shot

LIFT MOTHER****ER LIFT! - YouTube

Stand Shot.

The witch | Facebook

Going back soon.. Hoping for 9.60's on 150 pill on pump. Ripping motor out afterwords regardless, freshening it, and installing oil restrictors on block to run air pump, and jetting to 250+.. if C4 holds.. Hoping for a high 8 at Atco, If not Glide, and 300 pill on any decent hooking track. :rockon:

Quick96Mystic

Mystiiiiic wowww
Established Member
I watched the outside footage first and jumped forward in my seat like oh shit! dont lose it! you got it! oh wait! dont lose it!! haha :beer:

and dude what happened to your fox? I enjoyed watching the videos you used to post up of it

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Thanks guys

I watched the outside footage first and jumped forward in my seat like oh shit! dont lose it! you got it! oh wait! dont lose it!! haha :beer:

and dude what happened to your fox? I enjoyed watching the videos you used to post up of it

As a matter of fact, the I bought the wagon as a donor drivetrain for the fox, but I loved the car so much, that I traded the fox which was in pieces to someone to have them put the good suspension/fuel system/n20 kit/ignition etc etc.. on the wagon as I don't have the time to do it. The fox is in the hands of the guy whos tuning/building the wagon, and its now the same 357w with a better set of rods, hogged out tin heads, 4r70w stalled, and 2 stages. There will be videos! The owner of the car now asked me if I wanted the car back with the drivetrain put in it. He wants the wagon bad, but It's just too much fun on the street.:beer:

tommygun

Established Member
anit roll bar and some chassis mods... maybe a new pair of underoos

foreverpsycotic

Resident Supra 0wner
Established Member

The car doesn't need anything more than some seat time and some more tuning of the suspension setup. The car has everything it needs installed to go a hell of a lot faster.

Glad I made it up to the track yesterday man, that shit was amazing! Can't wait for the next trip.

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Thanks guys.. its a work in progress.

car has a fair suspension setup on it as it sits.. just a matter of dialing it in. tighten the front a bit, and put 10 to 15 psi in airbag is next on the list.

lol wish it would have fit under the stock hood!

yea.. the scoop is a bit much, but the one that came with the car was starting to pull off. the fitment of this scoop is horrible, and bolt holes from previous one are exposed, but i have another hood we are going to flat black and put the scoop on square. if i could do a stock hood, i definately would.

I wonder what the guy in the civic thought when you went past him haha.

that car was all business. but i think from the blue smoke belching out of the 5inch exhaust pipe coming out of the hood meant funtime was over.. the only reason i whacked it off the line with never spraying the car is because the car was ****ing mean, and i didnt want to lose to a civic my first n20 pass.. unless i tree'ed him i dont think i would of outran him.

mr2cam

Established Member
Love me a well built 408W!! But I hate it when people are always claiming they tripped the 60ft beam with their rear tires, your front tires were on the pavement before you passed the 60ft beam :\

19935.slow

Established Member
Car is sick :beer:... but an airbag really? I wouldn't put an airbag in a 13 sec car. You need an anti roll dude. What kind of strut, and what shocks?

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Car is sick :beer:... but an airbag really? I wouldn't put an airbag in a 13 sec car. You need an anti roll dude. What kind of strut, and what shocks?

AB was carried over from old suspension setup. Car has qa1 adjustable coilovers up front with 175# springs. We loosened them for this run, and strange 8-way adjustable shocks in rear with factory GT vert springs. We tried not to use the airlift airbag at all (it was empty), and compensate by tightening the right rear a bit more than the left rear. Next time we are gonna put air in the bag, and go from there. 1 tweak at a time. Quite possibly the factory rear sway might not cut it, lol. :D

Users who are viewing this thread