15" wheels on the rear?

mcaligiuri

Established Member
yup they'll work. i even believe that the gt's and cobras, maybe even 6ers all have the same rear brake setup. I looked at my 6 and took off the stock 15 and it fit right on the cobra. Nice lil show i put on. lol

trojan8022

I hate lug nuts & studs
Established Member
I have a set of pro star 15" that i can fit on.. i have to have 5/16 spacer to fit it tho.. it rubs the caliper if i dont.. but it fits just fine

SM94Cobra

Established Member
I had to cut off the top of the banjo bolt that bolts the line to the caliper. I am running 15X10 w/ 6.5 bs. After some grinding it fits fine.

BTW the GT and cobra use the same caliper but have different rotors in the rear

Herrcomestroubl

Established Member
I have 15x10 prostars on the back also. I had to grind the same bolt... But when you grind it. make sure you dont have any pads in the calipers. If you have pads, when they wear down, the caliper will move out, and you will get grinding again. I just recently found this out the hard way. I first put them on about 8mos ago. Car broke at the track and wheels sat in the garage. I got the car running after about 6mos downtime. And last thursday i put the prostars back on. They were fine until i hit the brakes, then they started grinding again. Again Make sure you remove the pads, so the caliper is at its lowest point when you grind the banjo bolt.

-Cody

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
15" will fit as long as there is 5.5" of backspacing for 8" wide rims and 6" Back Spacing for 10" wide rims.

edit: as far as slicks, I've been running 26x10.5x15 ET Streets on v6 rims. I recently broke my transmission on 28x10x15 ET DRAGs.

I like the 28" tall tire better :D it hooks :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread