15" wheels on Cobra

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
What do you have to do to make a 15" wheel fit on a Cobra? I know you have to run a 1" spacer on the front. But how about the rear? Do you have to grind down the caliper?

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
Thanks. I just don't trust spacers in the rear of my car. I had some on it a while back and they came lose after a week or so and a wheel came off and hit another car. So I don't like spacers. I was wanting to take my Cobra to the track this weekend. My race car has 15's on it and was going to swap them out but it sounds like to much work for a one day deal. Guess I will stick to the OL 17's with ET Street's.

Thanks again.
Chris

69mach03

Established Member
:bash: I read the title of this thread and pretty much wanted to kill myself. Those of you who have read about all the hell I've been through with 15" wheels on a Cobra understand. :kaboom:

My94GT

Established Member
one inch spacer up front and grind the rear caliper, also maybe a light grind to the inside of the rim. ive seen both done befor.

blackfang

Established Member
I have grinded down the banjo bolt some, the caliper/bracket and with a tiny spacer my 15x10" wheel fits

Users who are viewing this thread