15" Wheels on a '96

VETTKLR

Established Member
Will 15" ProStars fit over the rear brakes of a '96 Cobra? Track season's coming up, and my car is useless in 1st on street tires (S-Trimmed with 4.30 gears).

I wanna hook up and fly!

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
I'm almost certain I've heard another memeber here try it and he/she said the brake caliper would grind against the wheel....

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
The 13" front brake rotors on our Cobras need AT LEAST a 17" wheel. I've even seen some 17" rims scrape the caliper cause the offset if not correct. Hope this helps.

VETTKLR

Established Member
I've got a set of Pro Star skinnies with spacers that fit on the front of the car. That end is covered. Now, I need a matching set for the rears. This car is gonna' be the first wheels-up SN-95 Pony at our local track!!! :)

VETTKLR

Established Member
Dude, you gotta' have a set of drag racing wheels and tires with your Pony!

In my book, anything but DragLites are good to go on Mustangs.

....alright....Drag Lites look sweet, too ;)

duane v

Established Member
My ProStars fit with a ton of spacers:( ..the fronts you will need 3 5/16 spacers per side and 3 inch studs and you dont need to grind the caliper....The backs will work withour spacers as long as you either go with the 15x8 with 5.5 BS..I opted for the 15x10's with a 6.5 BS..hers a pic of me Stang..DA snake boy!!
d3.jpg

VETTKLR

Established Member
Hell Yeah. That's exactly what I'm after. I want some 15X10 with the 6.5" BS in the back to mount some 28" tall slicks.

Sweet lookin' ride, Duane. That little bitch looks totally locked and loaded, ready for some urban warfare!

duane v

Established Member
Originally posted by VETTKLR
Hell Yeah. That's exactly what I'm after. I want some 15X10 with the 6.5" BS in the back to mount some 28" tall slicks.

Sweet lookin' ride, Duane. That little bitch looks totally locked and loaded, ready for some urban warfare!
thanx homie!!! the back tires are BFG 315/60R/15 drag radials, these are my street tires..I have a set of Hoosier 28x10.5 slickies and a set of 15x8 (5.5 BS) prostars for the track...thats if I ever get there:rollseyes ...DA snake boy!!

Users who are viewing this thread