15" Rear Wheels Without Any Tricks?

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
Hello,

I don't have a SN95 Cobra but I do have a 92GT with Cobra brakes front and rear. I searched but got a lot of threads dealing with Cobra FRONT brakes and 15" wheels but I'm not worried about that. I plan on leaving the 17" wheels up front and just throw some DR's on the back. Are there any wheels that will fit without spacers or low profile banjo bolts? I haven't bought brake hoses yet for mine and I'm trying to decide if I want to run 15" wheels or 16" wheels. I read a post on Corral that one guy bought some 15x8(I believe it was 8" wide) Summit Pro Star knock offs and they fit without spacers or banjo bolt grinding(I think he had lower profile bolts than stock though) but I'm just looking for a more up to date info on the situation. Thanks in advance!!!!

Roll Race Rob

Established Member
im unsure of my backspacer but i have some 15x10 weld drag lights and they bolt right up without any spacers or grinding, i have a 98 slobra.

F8L BYT

Established Member
im unsure of my backspacer but i have some 15x10 weld drag lights and they bolt right up without any spacers or grinding, i have a 98 slobra.

If you get a chance look on the back of the wheels to find the back spacing and let us know, that would be awesome man! Are the pro stars or drag lites?

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
most all require a little grinding, its not that big of a deal, maybe someone can post a pic of how much or at least where exactly it is you need to grind off, I have to do mine this summer once it gets warm as well.

Roll Race Rob

Established Member
they are drag lights, ill see if i can find out the back spacing, you sure theres a number some place?

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Here is what I used with perfect results.

Weld Prostars 15x8 with 5.5BS and a 1/4" spacer.

They just rubbed a very tiny bit then I put on the spacer and they fit perfect.

94venomV8

Established Member
I didnt know they made a low profile banjo bolt. If that is true then that would save alot of headache and could probably run 10" rims without grinding.

94venomV8

Established Member
Well if you read down he said that the tire fit with no grinding or banjo bolt mod so I guess that answers your question. As far as I know if you stay with a 8" wide rim then you need no grinding but if you go to a 10" you need to grind.

Users who are viewing this thread