15" pro stars with IRS questions???

864svt

powered by svt
Established Member
Hey guys, i tried the search function but couldnt come up with anything sooo.. i just grabbed a set of 15" pro stars for the front of my o3 cobra (i know i have to run a big spacer) anyone have any idea how big of a spacer is needed for the front? i want to grab a set of 15x8's for the back but im wondering what backspacing is the best? how much grinding is needed on the tie-rods? anyone have any pics on the grinding procedure? what size tire is best for a 15x8 pro star? was thinking 26x10x15, i have stock 3.55gears so i think that size might be best. sorry for the 1000 questions but im a rookie at drag set-ups..thanks a ton for any info...Mike

twhitey

Established Member
I borrow a set of 15 inch front runners and just bought a 1 inch spacer to use with them. I bought 16 rims and run 2x11.5 et streets so I would not have to grind on anything

rtusnake

Established Member
You need 4.5bs with a 15x8 wheel. You need to grind the area of the knuckle to where the toe link mounts till about flush. Just need to some fitment checks when grinding. I ran a 26x10 et drag on mine. Best tire for the wheel size imo

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I just put together a set of drag wheels and used 16" SN95 pony wheels with ET Streets. I got the wheels for $40 out of the Market. I got a set of Weld Pro-Stars off of a member here thinking that they would fit right on with 1" spacers, but no luck. With a 1" spacer I needed to either grind the factory lugs down a little bit or drill holes into the back of the rim for them to fit into. The spacers bolt onto the existing lugs and then have lugs of their own that the wheel bolts onto. With 1" spacers, that left me with about a 1/4" of the factory lug sticking out past the face of the spacer. Naturaly with that much of the lugs sticking out, the wheel wouldn't sit flush against the spacer face.
I think if you use a 1.25" spacer you'll be able to get the fronts on without any lug cleanrance issues, but you may run into rubbing issues with the fender lips. Mine are very close with the 1" spacer. I'll try to get some pics of my wheels and what I did to make them fit. I ened up drilling clearance holes into the back of the rim so that the factory lug ends would fit into them when I put the wheels against the spacer.

I'm not a fan of grinding to make things fit, so I wasn't about to go grinding the toe link knuckle. The 16" rims fit perfectly and the 26x11.5 ET Streets seem to fit very well also.

Last edited:

864svt

powered by svt
Established Member
No matter how wide the rear wheel is, your probably still going to need to grind the toe link knuckle.

well i took a chance and bought a set of 15x10's, i grinded down the knuckle and they seen to fit well. just gotta get some rubber on them to see if im going to rub.

rtusnake

Established Member
What is the backspacing on those? I had to change my brake lines with a lower profile banjo fitting to get my 15x10's to fit the irs.

864svt