15 inch wheels on 03 04 cobra

ScrmngYellow04

Somebody's Watching Me
Established Member
What does it take to fit a 15 inch wheel on the rear of the 03 and 04 cobras with the IRS in place?

I have seen some photos of cars with this setup and wonder what I need to modify to get a set of weld wheels or something similar to fit.

Thanks.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
it was saturday night...give us a break!!! :beer:

i dont have the irs but i think you need to run a 16" out back on IRS. there might be one wheel that 15s fit..i forget which one it is though

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
I* have 15-9 weld prostars on the rear of my cobra No problems!!

800908_7_full.jpg

Last edited:

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member

15x8 Centerline Telstars. 4.5" backspacing. 275/50-15 Nittos. No spacers. Stock lugs. Only mod to get them to fit was to grind the lower tie rod a bit.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
SublimeRT said:

15x8 Centerline Telstars. 4.5" backspacing. 275/50-15 Nittos. No spacers. Stock lugs. Only mod to get them to fit was to grind the lower tie rod a bit.

and the fronts??? stick out at all?what do they weigh?

ScrmngYellow04

Somebody's Watching Me
Established Member
StangD1909 do you have any part numbers for those wheels?

If no part numbers do you know the backspacing and other specs for them?

I am tired of waiting for weld to come out with the 17's that are supposed to fit.

Also what tires and sizes are you using?

Thanks.

ScrmngYellow04

Somebody's Watching Me
Established Member
I know on the 93 and back mustangs for the most part was 5.5 backspacing.

I could not find the 15x9 wheels in the Jegs or Summit catalog. I guess I will have to give them a call.

They had 15x8 and 15x10 listed.

Did you use the 15x3.5 or 15x4 front wheels?

What if anything did you have to do to get the front or back wheels to fit without hitting anything?

Thanks for the reply.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
ScrmngYellow04 said:
I know on the 93 and back mustangs for the most part was 5.5 backspacing.

I could not find the 15x9 wheels in the Jegs or Summit catalog. I guess I will have to give them a call.

They had 15x8 and 15x10 listed.

Did you use the 15x3.5 or 15x4 front wheels?

What if anything did you have to do to get the front or back wheels to fit without hitting anything?

Thanks for the reply.

Ok for the front I installed 3 inch studs to be safe and ran a spacer! It works great no problems! Also i have the 15-3.5 fronts! On the back I did grind alittle on the toe link....but its not a must! ( aleast for me )

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
BADASS03SVT said:
and the fronts??? stick out at all?what do they weigh?

Fronts are 15x4 w/ 165R-15 radials. I run two 5/16 spacers on each side for a total of 5/8" worth of spacers on each side. Grinded the caliper quite a bit. Moroso direct fit 3" studs in the front. They don't stick out at all. Nice and even. I don't know how much they weigh though; it can't be much cause even I can pick them up with one arm. :thumbsup:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
SublimeRT said:
Fronts are 15x4 w/ 165R-15 radials. I run two 5/16 spacers on each side for a total of 5/8" worth of spacers on each side. Grinded the caliper quite a bit. Moroso direct fit 3" studs in the front. They don't stick out at all. Nice and even. I don't know how much they weigh though; it can't be much cause even I can pick them up with one arm. :thumbsup:

any pics of the ground calipers? takes the "COBRA" right off im sure...

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
BADASS03SVT said:
any pics of the ground calipers? takes the "COBRA" right off im sure...

Yeah, the Cobra lettering is gone. :( Stupid thing to do, I know. But I sold my stock wheels and had to get these on fast. I'm going to get some black 18" CCWs this summer, sell the skinnies, and keep the rears for track use. I'll get some new Cobra calipers or some Cobra R Brembos when I put the CCWs on. :banana:

I'll get a pic today. I'm going to repaint the calipers anyways and detail the wheel wells and suspension.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
ScrmngYellow04 - check out post #13.

Here's a pic of my caliper. I still need to smooth and even it out. Not a big deal though - you can't even see the caliper through the Telstars.

Trmin8r

Established Member
I was looking at this setup also. However, is there a way to get 16'' or 17'' rims on the front with the aluminum skinnies?

Users who are viewing this thread