15 GT with TVS vs Hellcat vs Z28 Hennessey HPE600

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
15 GT has a VMP TVS kit with a 79mm pulley, full Kooks exhaust with cats, 93 octane, tuned by Lund (Ken). The Hellcat is stock, auto, and the Z28 has the Hennessey HPE600 pkg. I can't remember how to embed, please help!

https://youtu.be/PwhmF4lpEHQ

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice to see those 3 having fun.

[youtube_browser]I9Q7qlpCQUY[/youtube_browser]

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
Cool video. That last race looked dead even. Thought the Z/28 would have been quicker.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
^I gave the Hellcat the hit from 45, I was only able to hold him off by a car length through 4th. Hellcat ran strong when I gave him the hit

Last edited:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
IMG_2631_zpsspiofldt.gif

IMG_2633_zps3yhz4fnc.gif

IMG_0919_zpsdfirey7p.gif

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
If the z28 is still running 305 Trofeo R's up front it will not do better than the other cars. It has too much grip. I remember seeing an acceleration test with tires swapped out (swapped 1LE rim/tires) and it did better with 1LE setup. Probably because the rim and tire in the 1LE not only weigh less but the front doesnt have much grip compared to z28's.

OP, I had a feeling you were going to beat the cars. These motors are better than the coyote of previous gen. Turn up the boost or get some turbos and say bye bye to modded hellcats!!! lol

Btw, I think those TF wheels would look sick if they were power coated black and you kept the lip chrome. Either way good kills!

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
^yeah, the Z28 did have 305's on all 4 corners, it was really an amazing car for what it was made to do, dead sexy inside and out.

I'll probably leave my setup the way it is, I like that it has cats and runs on 93 octane, no drone and no stink, haha. although, an off-road h-pipe and a tune on VP109 for special occasions isn't out of the question.

The Hellcat's auto A8 was insane, I'd yank him by 1-2 cars lengths off the hit then he'd just dig in and hang. Looking back at the vid, the HC looked like a possessed demon creeping after me, haha.

Last edited:

ls1eater

Established Member
God the 5.0 not only moved out, but looked damn good in silver....and I normally don't care for silver
15 GT has a Gen2 Stg3 VMP TVS kit with a 79mm pulley, full Kooks exhaust with cats, 93 octane, tuned by Lund (Ken). The Hellcat is stock, auto, and the Z28 has the Hennessey HPE600 pkg. I can't remember how to embed, please help!

https://youtu.be/I9Q7qlpCQUY

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
All three sick but the camaro was disappointing, thinking it would have done better.

Not sure how people can he dissapointed with the performqnce of an naturally aspirated vehicle set up for road racing vs 2 blower cars...

If the z28 is still running 305 Trofeo R's up front it will not do better than the other cars. It has too much grip. I remember seeing an acceleration test with tires swapped out (swapped 1LE rim/tires) and it did better with 1LE setup. Probably because the rim and tire in the 1LE not only weigh less but the front doesnt have much grip compared to z28's.

OP, I had a feeling you were going to beat the cars. These motors are better than the coyote of previous gen. Turn up the boost or get some turbos and say bye bye to modded hellcats!!! lol

Btw, I think those TF wheels would look sick if they were power coated black and you kept the lip chrome. Either way good kills!

You are correct in most everything, except in saying that the 1LE rims/tires set up is lighter than the Z28 rims/tires set up. The Z28s combo is lighter. When the wheels/tires were switched, the z28 showed a small improvement only on et, whereas the 1LE improved in both et and trap speed.

jhonda

Established Member
I know where ur racing at. I use to do some high speed runs before they opened it up all the way. Hope to see u round good runs

jleews6

Established Member
All three cars are very impressive in their own right but considering the hellcat was stock its impressive and its going to hard for the N/A Z28 to hang with those two. Very impressive still though.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
We should have a C7 Z to join us next time, and a 13 Shelby. Hoping to make some more vids soon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread