15" drag wheel help!!

Youngone2012

Established Member
I'm looking for a cheap set for the rears to run at the track on my 14' track pack, I was looking at 275-60-15 nitto 555r and this wheel...do they fit and do u have pictures or does anyone have a suggestion of a cheap wheel that works and is... Well cheap! Looking for 15x8

00BD1F53-FD19-4C25-8C0F-2CF892831883.png

scotmach

Established Member
Why do guys get the track pack if they're going to drag race?

You do know that Torsen isn't designed for drag racing do you? And now on a drag radial? Good luck with that.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I hate cheap wheels, just pony up for some RT-S Welds, they really are not that expensive. I'd go with MT's or MT Pro's over the Nitto's for the drag strip

WGPpaintball118

Cadillac Magnet
Established Member
You get what you pay for. If you want a wheel that will perform well and be decent for street use, Weld RT-S would work well, or if you wanna save a few extra dollars, good old fashioned Race Stars or Dark Stars would work great too.

Don't cheap out and go with something like that, it looks bad and is heavier than a decent wheel that cost a little more. Also, if you have a stick car, a bias ply tire on the back would be great. DRs still work well, the bias ply tends to absorb a little more shock than the stiffer sidewall on a radial tire.

Youngone2012

Established Member
Do those wheels have specs that would work though?
Don't the bias ply m&h have some sway on the big end ?

Last edited:

WGPpaintball118

Cadillac Magnet
Established Member
Do those wheels have specs that would work though?
Don't the bias ply m&h have some sway on the big end ?

Yes, tons of people use both options on those wheels. If you have Brembos on the car, you have to go with a 17" front wheel to clear the brakes. Call the company you plan to buy them from and talk to them to ease your mind on fitment.

There are several options on a bias ply tire out there too. Mickey Thompson, Hoosier, M&H, etc. Do some research on them to find out which one is going to work best for what you wanna do with the car. I have never had them on anything, so I can't comment on driveability and stuff like that. One thing is if you go with bias ply rears, it would benefit you to go with a bias ply front, same with radials. When you mix and match bias ply and radials, the car behaves a little funny from most accounts I have read.

Youngone2012

Established Member
I found some different ones that are 15x8 with 5.5" back spacing but now concerned about them poking out of the side of the gender with a 275-60-15 tire on them. I am also lowered 1.5 "s so I hope that doesn't hurt anything

Users who are viewing this thread