15-16 Base model stereo ?

Swetrid

Established Member
I am currently looking at a base model GT with performance pack and was wondering how bad the standard radio sounds? I was hoping it sounded way better then the stock radio in my 2012 GT

Iceman2733

Established Member
I am not sure what the sound quality of the 2012 was but I have owned both a base and 400a car now and I think they both are horrible. So I would get what u want man and not base it on the stereo buddy. They both lack tone and bass, not even that loud imo. My wife got into my car and laughed and said her Nissan Sentra had a better sounding stereo and I hate to admit it but I agree. Lol

jdcobra

Established Member
The speakers in the premium suck pretty awful. If I decide to keep the car, they are getting swapped out for sure.

Swetrid

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback! I drove my brother in laws 14 GT with premium sound and wasnt impressed so base model will be lacking for sure.

Branhammer

Established Member
The base sound system is shit. I tolerate it because my old Mustang's system was even worse, but if you want it to sound good, you'll need to at least swap out all the speakers.

jdcobra

Established Member
The best sound I've ever heard come out of a ford system was the Mach system in my 04 cobra

Crumpler

Established Member
I have a 16 GT Premium. My dodge Charger has a better sound system. The 2015 Camaro i got rid of had a better sound system. Even my Ram truck has a better sound system. Very disappointed in the sound quality, bass, and volume ability of the mustang. (but i still love the car)

Users who are viewing this thread