14mm Front Subframe bolt Questions

T3naci0usT

Terminator Lover
Established Member
Do I need a different bushing to install this? I am installing it right now, and it isn't even close. I don't mind switching it out, I just didn't hear anything about this.

Thanks.

KLLR SNK

Established Member
I would use 9/16" bolts instead of the 14mm, they are a bit larger in diameter and will take up more of the barrel slack of the bushing. So, no on changing bushings. Using an impact driver or nut runner helps when installing the 9/16" bolts.

If you are experiencing mounting alignment problems remove the rear SF bolts. Then install the front bolts first then re-install the rear bolts.

Last edited:

T3naci0usT

Terminator Lover
Established Member
Cause I just tried again and it isn't even close. On another note, how hard is it to adjust were the subframe sits? It sits a little bit farther back, so through the mounting holes there is probably like a papers width off center. But to not make you believe that it is because of that, the bolt doesn't even through one of the mounting holes.

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
The 9/16 will fit with no need to change bushing etc. It's a lot easier to drop the exhaust then install the bolt from the inside (bolt head facing into the car)
Also, loosen up the two rear 14mm bolts so that you can gently move the whole subframe a bit to get it in there. Obviously you want to put a floor jack under the pumpkin to help keep things level
Lastly, you'll more than likely only going to be able to get a 1/4 or so of the bolt in there and for me at least, I just "spun" it the rest of the way in using a cordless impact wrench.

hotcobra03

Established Member
9/16

It is a tight fit..

I used a comealong to pull rear forward..
Floor jack for up and down

Some have grinded tip of bolt to help..

cj428mach

Established Member
The 9/16" bolts fit so tight for me it had to be threaded into the holes to get it through.

T3naci0usT

Terminator Lover
Established Member
Ok, so basically I was just being a wuss with it. Lol. I have already put the old bolt back in, so I will pull everything apart next weekend. DD

Users who are viewing this thread