140k plus on odometer???

txblackmach1

StockR
Established Member
hi fellaz...
i dont have a cobra yet but im a market for one...i used to have a 03 mach 1 but sold it some time ago..now i feel like getn back into a something similar but diff at the same time..

i like how the 99-01 cobras look:banana:

anywhoo...
how many miles is too much on these mod motors?

i ran into a 99 cobra a couple of hours away from my house..but he car has 140k miles..
should i be worried..from the pics the car looks in excellent shape...the only mods i see is a cold air intake and mac catback...clean and clear tittle...

the price is at 7k obo..what would be a good offer..i hate being lowballed wen i sell parts so i dont want to offend this person by lowballing..
what do you guys think about the price?

thanks in advance fellaz:beer:

99Cobra_vert

Established Member
That's an awfully good price. I'd buy it and run away with it quickly. The mileage is high, but, like any other car, it depends how it has been maintained. Good maintenance equals a long engine life.

txblackmach1

StockR
Established Member
That's an awfully good price. I'd buy it and run away with it quickly. The mileage is high, but, like any other car, it depends how it has been maintained. Good maintenance equals a long engine life.

yea..seems like a cool guy...
and yes maintance part is very true..i am the 3rd owner of my 93 lightning..it has 179k on the clock..but if you looks/feel like it has 75k on it..the previous owner keeped it in family and had a routine checklist..

thanks for ur input:rockon:

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member

Exactly!!! I say offer him $6.5 and you are ready to rock. With it being taken care of you should run into no problems except the little things. Shoot I bought my 99 with 16k miles on it and the Idler and Tensionor Pulleys went bad at 18k and now my Throw out Bearing went bad at 27k. As I said it is just little inexpensive stuff and plus......that is the that is what us car guys like to do. Work on them :beer:

bulldogg

11 5.0
Established Member
Drive it, then make an offer. If it pulls good and everything feels tight pay the money and enjoy. If something isnt right then take into account how much that something will be to fix and start to negotiate. Like "hey man it needs new tires and a clutch right off the bat can you knock $500 off to help me get a head start on those repairs"?

txblackmach1

StockR
Established Member
thanks fellaz..will do
i will call him later today to arrange some kind of deal..
and now the waiting game...cant go check it out into the weekend...eeehhhrrrrrrr!!!

txblackmach1

StockR
Established Member
thanks...i hope it does go thru..that way a can add the long lost cousin of my gen 1...he he he
and there both white too...:D

vettekillr~

Established Member
U are correct sir, this hobby is a massive money pit... I would definately offer atleast 6.5, these cars are really fun to upgrade and work on

txblackmach1

StockR
Established Member
U are correct sir, this hobby is a massive money pit... I would definately offer atleast 6.5, these cars are really fun to upgrade and work on

yea...i have had several stangs..most of them foxs and the mach 1..
but never a irs cobra...
i heard they handle good..im not too concered about going extremly fast...just to enough to play with the ls1,2,3,4 and watever else they have...:smmon:

fangs99

Established Member
Plus 1000 on the $$$$ pit. I bought my 99 in July of 08 for my birthday. And I already have over 25k invested in mine just in mods.

txblackmach1

StockR
Established Member
do you guys know of anyone here on da site that could hook me up with the vin check..
maybe someone that has unlimited carfax or something

txblackmach1

StockR
Established Member
ok well the cars vin checks out...and he agreed to 6500 so...pretty much now i just got to make plans to go check it out...

FYI- i ended up getting the unlimited vin checks from AUTOCHECK for a month..so if anyone needs a vin check..let me know...:D

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Being a '99, check the front of the top of the intake for a green or blue dot, indicating that the recall fix from the dealer was performed. I want to say something like 99% of all 1999 Cobras have had the work done, but it doesn't hurt to be positive. The dot on mine was on the drivers side at the front of the intake, I had to rub the area clean a bit to see it.

txblackmach1

StockR
Established Member
Being a '99, check the front of the top of the intake for a green or blue dot, indicating that the recall fix from the dealer was performed. I want to say something like 99% of all 1999 Cobras have had the work done, but it doesn't hurt to be positive. The dot on mine was on the drivers side at the front of the intake, I had to rub the area clean a bit to see it.

well i cant tell yet from the pics..but the guy did mentioned that it did have the fix...
and your right...it never hurts to ask...i will check wen i go test drive it..

if deal goes thru i will post pics. :D
i am hoping to go Sunday to check it out..

Users who are viewing this thread