14 track pack

billr814

Established Member
hi,new member here ,im going to bring up a topic im sure has been asked before...so i have a 14 gt w the track pack..same motor as a regular coyote,ford says to use full synthetic 5w50..not sure why but what i gather is that using 5w20..or 5w30 or 15w50 or 10 w30 will all work ,for different driving styles?...thanks for reading this..just bought it a few days ago black 5.0 6m w track pack got it with 3200 miles on it..traded my 08 black bullitt for it..already waiting on the ups guy..

Last edited:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Welcome to the site!

I have a '14 track pack as well. Ford calls for the 5W50 as they anticipate the car to be tracked. Motorcraft 5W50 oil will shear very quickly and become a 5W40 oil by the time it heats up.

If you use a different oil that does not have the Ford rating and spec, they can void warranty.

I run 5W50 to make sure there are no issues and because during summer in Chicago, I run the car hard.

You can easily run a 5W30, 0W30, 10W30 or higher weight without issues.

noldevin

Established Member
If you're super worried about warranty, run what Ford tells you to. If you aren't tracking the car on a road course you can run 5w20 like the regular non-track packs, or 5w30 if you want a little more weight.

Users who are viewing this thread