14 second lightning

ford_lightning

Established Member
14 second lightning

Hi i live in oklahoma, and i went to thundervalley tonight to race my 2002 lightning. I have flowmasters, dialbo sport chip, and boost bypass. I ran a 14.060 @98.96 my friends stock lightning ran a 14.578 @ 99.97. Isnt that slow, they run a 13.7 stock so shouldnt i be running mid to low 13;s. The peolpe said that its becasue of the altitude and humidty . What are your thoughts. My 60 time was 2.178 and my 1/8 time was 9.028

Last edited:

elmo0244

Established Member
when u sitting at tree give it some gas and hold that brake in and go and take those flowmasters off i hate those things get some dynomax or magnaflows mufflers.you should at least run 13.5.thats what i think

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
altitude. The stock number you read about are at much lower altitudes. Your 60 foot time shows you need some more time at the track, better launches will help your et greatly.

2KGT

Banned
Originally posted by ford_lightning
How do i figure out what my time is at sea level, and shouldnt i be running mid 13's

you cant calculate your et at sea level and then say thats what you run. theres no reason you cant runs 13's at tv.

blownsvt

Established Member
i dont really think its the flowmasters. i have flows on mine and i dont think they really lose much power. i think the problem is your 60' times. get some tires that hook. that truck should turn 1.9 60' easily (depending on track conditions). also work on stalling the truck up to around 1500 RPM. also, who tuned your chip? seems to me like you should be running 8.7's. just a thought.

kmad61

NWO 4 LIFE
Established Member
Its all in the launch.Hold the brake,rev to 1500 rpm's and ease into the throttle steady to the floor.This will help your times.

99 L
JDM Superchip
JLP #4 pulley
Mac catback
Mac cai :beer:

ford_lightning

Established Member
hey i got the chip from dialbo sport .com. U cant really tell a difference though. do any of u live in oklahoma. ILl try to rev up to 1500 then take off

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
Do a mild burnout. Just enough to see a little smoke. No use in wasting the F1's. Some say a burnout doesn't matter. Ya can opt to drive around the water.

When you light up the second yellow in staging. Hold the brake down and press the gas just a bit until the truck lunges. Your converter is locked. When the third yellow lights up, roll into the gas. Don't slam it or you will spin all the way past your 60ft. as soon as it gets to the top of first, NAIL IT HARD!!! I have a best of 13.5 @ 101.10 and that's before exaust. This should help ya. I didn't drop my tail gate or remove my spare tire either!!! Those might help also!!! Good Luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread