'14 OEM shifter boot

Teddy O

Established Member
This may sound ridiculous, but I've been hunting for an OEM shifter boot for my '14 for about a year.

I try to check eBay weekly for a used one, but no luck yet.

I've ordered a new one from Tasca and from my local dealer by VIN. Both times I got a DR3Z-7277-AA, and both times it was physically the wrong boot when it showed up. I brought a picture of my boot to the local dealer, and they were stumped. They were super helpful, and spent loads of time on their computers trying to solve the problem, but ended up shrugging their shoulds and saying "I don't know man, sorry".

My last idea is to call Shelby to see if they have a new take-out from a Super Snake car.

Any other ideas?

Thank you in advance!

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Well, a while back I ordered one because I had popped a couple clips taking it off the first time I was modding my dash. After I ordered it I noticed that the clips still held so I just held onto the box when the new part came in expecting that some day down the road I might need the replacement anyway. I just opened the box and even though it looks like it will clip in the leather is obviously not correct. It's the same part number you listed. I don't know what to tell you other than I'm in the same situation.

Teddy O

Established Member
Well, a while back I ordered one because I had popped a couple clips taking it off the first time I was modding my dash. After I ordered it I noticed that the clips still held so I just held onto the box when the new part came in expecting that some day down the road I might need the replacement anyway. I just opened the box and even though it looks like it will clip in the leather is obviously not correct. It's the same part number you listed. I don't know what to tell you other than I'm in the same situation.

Interesting.. Well I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one with this problem, but I'm sorry you have the same wrong part too. And I'm gussing you've had it too long to return it. Sorry.

Thanks Zen.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
What is the problem with the ford part you are getting? Can you post a pic to further explain?

I would call MPSS over in Georgia. (I think that is where they are.)

Tom

99VERT

Established Member
I had the same problem also! To this day I'm still searching for the correct one. Let me know if you get it figured out. Thanks.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
What is the problem with the ford part you are getting? Can you post a pic to further explain?

Tom
Here's a picture of both together.. wrong leather type I guess.

20170122_093947_zpskatizpmw.jpg

Interesting.. Well I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one with this problem, but I'm sorry you have the same wrong part too. And I'm gussing you've had it too long to return it. Sorry.

Thanks Zen.
lol, guess I had to find out sometime. Better to know than think I'm covered and not be right? All else fails, I guess it's still an option.

Bad Company

Established Member
Well I guess I'm going to be in the same boat as you guys with a mismatched shifter boot. FU Fred at Evolution Performance stole the shifter boot out of my car while it was there. In his infinite wisdom to replace it after I picked up the car to keep me from complaing about it he sent me a boot to replace the one he stole from my car. Since my car is still in pieces 2 years later I hadn't checked what he sent me to verify I actual got the correct part. After reading this thread I decided I better check what he sent me as a replacement for the part he stole. He sent me part number DR3Z-2404-B, which is for the parking brake and not the shifter boot. The parking brake boot he sent is of the proper leather to match the existing one. But if 2 of you have gotten the suede looking shifter boot with the proper part number for your VIN then I'm sure I'll have a mismatched shifter boot also

THANKS A LOT FRED AT EVOLUTION PERFORMANCE FOR STEALING PARTS OFF MY CAR AND NOT REPLACING THEM

Teddy O

Established Member

Tom

As Zen showed, different material and different stitching.

MPSS? I'm drawing a blank, sorry. All I can think of is Michelin Pilot Super Sport, lol..

I had the same problem also! To this day I'm still searching for the correct one. Let me know if you get it figured out. Thanks.

Will do!

Well I guess I'm going to be in the same boat as you guys with a mismatched shifter boot. FU Fred at Evolution Performance stole the shifter boot out of my car while it was there. In his infinite wisdom to replace it after I picked up the car to keep me from complaing about it he sent me a boot to replace the one he stole from my car. Since my car is still in pieces 2 years later I hadn't checked what he sent me to verify I actual got the correct part. After reading this thread I decided I better check what he sent me as a replacement for the part he stole. He sent me part number DR3Z-2404-B, which is for the parking brake and not the shifter boot. The parking brake boot he sent is of the proper leather to match the existing one. But if 2 of you have gotten the suede looking shifter boot with the proper part number for your VIN then I'm sure I'll have a mismatched shifter boot also

THANKS A LOT FRED AT EVOLUTION PERFORMANCE FOR STEALING PARTS OFF MY CAR AND NOT REPLACING THEM

So Ford sells the correct park brake boot, but the wrong shift boot? Interesting. Sorry you're in same boat though!

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nothing wrong with Tasca but I would call Autonation Ford and ask for Mike R. or Chris. I ordered a replacement boot for my 2014 Shelby. Received the correct leather boot. Do not know why you are getting the suede or alacantra boot.

Good luck.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Nothing wrong with Tasca but I would call Autonation Ford and ask for Mike R. or Chris. I ordered a replacement boot for my 2014 Shelby. Received the correct leather boot. Do not know why you are getting the suede or alacantra boot.

Good luck.
Autonation is where I got mine. Anyway you can go back and check the part number you ordered?

WVTrakPak

Established Member
I kinda like the Alcantara look and I replaced both boots on my 2013. I think the Alcantara goes well with the Recaro seats. When I bought my 2014 I went ahead and bought them as I found a good deal on ebay on both. I have not yet switched them out on my 14 but I am sure I will.

Teddy O

Established Member

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No luck on part number. I delete the email and Autonation does not provide a packing list usually. I still would give them try.

On a unrelated note, going thru all my receipts, I realized I have a problem with buying too many things for the Shelby.

Teddy O

Established Member
No luck on part number. I delete the email and Autonation does not provide a packing list usually. I still would give them try.

On a unrelated note, going thru all my receipts, I realized I have a problem with buying too many things for the Shelby.

I'll give them a call. Thank you for looking.

Ya, the parts add up quick when you buy them here and there. The worst thing you can do is go through the receipts, lol.

Bad Company

Established Member
I'm not sure if I've found the correct part number or not for the leather boot.

BR3Z-7277-B

The way I found this is by going to Autonation's website and instead of looking up Boot Gear Change Lever by my VIN, I looked it up by using the MY, Ford, Model, Trim Level and then typing Boot Gear Change Lever where the part number goes. It than brings up this part number versus the one previously post(DR3Z-7277-AA). Now I also called Autonation and had them look it up using the VIN of my car and it came up DR3Z-7277-AA. Yet looking at the description of BR3Z-7277-B and what it fits, it clearly states it fits the 2012-2014 Mustangs from the base level to the GT500. So which one is it? I ordered one off of my VIN to see what shows up, because Gene at Autonation said the only one made for my car by the VIN is DR3Z-7277-AA, I'll let you know what I get.

Clemson

Established Member
I'm not sure if I've found the correct part number or not for the leather boot.

BR3Z-7277-B

The way I found this is by going to Autonation's website and instead of looking up Boot Gear Change Lever by my VIN, I looked it up by using the MY, Ford, Model, Trim Level and then typing Boot Gear Change Lever where the part number goes. It than brings up this part number versus the one previously post(DR3Z-7277-AA). Now I also called Autonation and had them look it up using the VIN of my car and it came up DR3Z-7277-AA. Yet looking at the description of BR3Z-7277-B and what it fits, it clearly states it fits the 2012-2014 Mustangs from the base level to the GT500. So which one is it? I ordered one off of my VIN to see what shows up, because Gene at Autonation said the only one made for my car by the VIN is DR3Z-7277-AA, I'll let you know what I get.
I believe 7277-B is the part you want. Its the standard leather boot vs the suede type which is part 7277-AA. Have a look, this is -B :
https://lmr.com/item/LRS-7277BB/mus...04&pkw=&pmt=&gclid=CJz_i6Ge49ECFVY7gQodx24NGQ

Users who are viewing this thread