14 GT500 vs 1000cc Suzuki

Handlebar Moustache

Established Member
Once upon a time, I went for a ride in the Mexican countryside on a friend's private road. I was cruising and enjoying the sunset when I saw a bike in my rearview, so I slowed it down a bit. He came up behind me and went to pass. As he was on the side of me, I revved it to see his reaction. He motioned for me to hammer it, so I did. I pulled him in pretty hard. We played around a few times after that; he said we got up to 140. Then we stopped and ran from a dig. He lost, but I don't really know by how much....maybe a few car lengths.

I don't know what year his bike was (it looked relatively old), but it was 1,000 cc based on what was embossed on the side of the motor. I wish I would have asked him more questions; I don't know much about bikes, but I'm guessing it was not a GSXR. He was pretty cool. Said he had ate another GT500's ass not long ago, so he knew I wasn't stock. I have a 2.8 liquid cooled KB @ ~17 PSI and supporting mods. I've never been on the dyno, but am guessing around 700 whp.

So here's three clips. Mods...move them, delete them, IDGAF. There's a story to go with it, so at least consider it. I'll probably whitewash the post after a couple of weeks anyway. The first is a brief conversation after the roll race and before the dig race. The second is a clip of the dig race. The third is a conversation after the dig race. I had to clip the before and after videos a little to remove some sensitive info in the conversations. The videos aren't the best, because I didn't get a shot of the bike. I had to hastily get my camera ready and it was just me in the car. I thought he was going to take me from a dig, so I just pointed it forward and shoved it in the passenger headrest; it was the easiest thing to do. If you look closely at about 0.03 to 0.04 seconds of the dig race vid, you can see his helmet in my rearview as he falls behind. Probably not the most exciting thing, but better than nothing.

Last edited:

thaSnipah

Established Member
probably a GSXR as that is their sport bike that comes in 1000cc. good story but the camera skills need some work! ha

speeddemon2000

Established Member
I have a 720 rwhp cobra and an 05 gsxr 1000. You are going to need probably 800 + to the wheels to take down a 1000. Now there are some really bad riders out though. So who knows.

Kiohtee

Established Member
No help with the identifying of the bike, but I can say you beat the rider if it was a newer ('03 or so plus) GSX-R1000.

It takes a set of balls that most people don't actually have, me included, to full out launch a liter bike on the streets.

Handlebar Moustache

Established Member
I have a 720 rwhp cobra and an 05 gsxr 1000. You are going to need probably 800 + to the wheels to take down a 1000. Now there are some really bad riders out though. So who knows.
Looking at the specs on that bike...I agree. He lost quite badly...so either he's a poor driver, or it was an older/non GSXR bike. I didn't get a good launch or an optimal shift into 2nd and he still got shanked pretty hard.

Jefe

Established Member
I wish people talked like that around here. Was he wearing suspenders?

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
That was a funny post. I was curious why i havent heard that before. I went ahead and googled number of teeth on a liter bike from around 2010. I found out why i havent heard that much before.

Users who are viewing this thread