14' GT vs C63 AMG

SL0W5.0

Established Member
So i took the car out this morning for a nice spirited driving session on some back roads, and on my way back home i was at a light and i noticed a white c63 amg (08-14 model with the quad round tips) When the light turned green i noticed how loud that thing was. I could clearly hear it over my exhaust so i knew he probably had at least an exhaust. We got in front of traffic and i saw it was a younger guy and he was blipping his throttle so i knew he wanted to play. We were going 80 and i downshifted to 3rd and honked it off. As soon as we took off i started to pull away slowly but surely . By the time i shut it down at 135ish i had a good 3+ cars on him then we both had to get hard on the brakes for a light that turned yellow. He pulled up next to me and looked pretty mad, he said "its obviously not stock huh" pointing to my car to which i just replied "no" . Then he told me that he knew i wasnt stock because he was "pushing 600" i just said ok and went on with my day. Not for a second do I believe hes anywhere near 600 :nono: my mods are in my sig.

Hopefully my buddies 450whp golf r will be out of the shop soon then we will make a nice Gopro video of what should be a close race. So until then i hope you enjoyed this cool story bros :read:

Troponin

Established Member
So you have the basic bolt ons, and he thinks you're running some kind of fully built engine?

The stock C63 and GT have similar straight line performance (420hp vs 450hp), if I remember correctly. If you walked him, then I highly doubt he has anything done to the car at all that added power. He either lying or he's been lied to. That, or he thinks his car an S63, which is a totally different beast.

SL0W5.0

Established Member
I was also confused when he said he was pushing 600 thats why i just said ok and dint ask anything else.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I'm confused. The mustang with basic intake exhaust and tune only is not as fast as a modded c63. If the c63 is pushing 600 crank HP he should be trapping 11.1 or so @ 122+ with tires.

Both sides don't add up to me.

Last edited:

AMGPower55

Established Member
The guy had probably either been lied to or was lying ,as someone stated earlier... C63 was probably stock with a resonator delete or cat deletes with an x-pipe, those cars are extremely loud with just that being done to the exhaust. I think header/tune/intake C63's make about 460whp? so right around what the 5.0 does with bolt-ons. Similar cars, guy was lying about 600 crank LOL.. Good kill OP!

OneSlowV

Established Member
Only problem is a full bolt on amg is a 120 mph plus car. A bama tuned 5.0 is not even close lol.

Troponin

Established Member
Only problem is a full bolt on amg is a 120 mph plus car. A bama tuned 5.0 is not even close lol.

That brings up an interesting topic. 0-60 and 1/4 mile times, as far as I can find, are similar, however, the AMG seems to be consistently faster by 10mph. I assume trap speeds are faster in the Mustang? Can someone explain this to me?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
That brings up an interesting topic. 0-60 and 1/4 mile times, as far as I can find, are similar, however, the AMG seems to be consistently faster by 10mph. I assume trap speeds are faster in the Mustang? Can someone explain this to me?

Tune only c63 are running 11.7. I have yet to see a 5.0 do this. DOHC 6.2 is a monster!

Troponin

Established Member
Tune only c63 are running 11.7. I have yet to see a 5.0 do this. DOHC 6.2 is a monster!

Ah shiat, I didn't know the C was that fast. I read so much about the S because it's "top model", the C seems to get overshadowed and under appreciated. Hmmm, are they going to continue building them? This might just be the ticket to get out of my Duramax haha!!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Ah shiat, I didn't know the C was that fast. I read so much about the S because it's "top model", the C seems to get overshadowed and under appreciated. Hmmm, are they going to continue building them? This might just be the ticket to get out of my Duramax haha!!

He has gone faster....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ0zSIrW1Yw

Mid 10's at 130 n/a

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

B7BlownSnake

Established Member

Nope. This is the last year for the NA 6.2 in the C63. The new body style C63 will be out in a year with a 4.0TT V8. Not sure of specs, should be 470-490hp. And the base C250 is 220lbs lighter than the previous gen, so the new C63 should be a monster. But it certainly won't sound like the M156!

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
So, OP do you believe you beat the car or the driver? Are all those C63's auto or manual?

Users who are viewing this thread