14 GT premium spoiler?

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
i have a 14 gt premium and im considering a gt500 spoiler, and i know that if you have the OEM lip spoiler the holes line up and no redrilling is required. however on AM it says if you have the gt premium spoiler the holes wont line up. my spoiler appears to be the OEM lip but slightly larger maybe. anyone heard of this or have pictures of the differences if any

Justin81

Established Member
I have a '13 GT Premium with the factory lip spoiler. I removed it and the GT500 wing bolted right into place. However, removing the factory one is a total nightmare. I ended up basically cutting the factory one completely off with a body saw.

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
I have a '13 GT Premium with the factory lip spoiler. I removed it and the GT500 wing bolted right into place. However, removing the factory one is a total nightmare. I ended up basically cutting the factory one completely off with a body saw.

what was the issue

kanine

Established Member
I have the 3D Gt500 spoiler. I used fishing lines to get between the OEM spoiler and the trunk, also a box cutter comes in handy too in cutting through the glue, just becareful, cover the trunk area around the spoiler so you don't scratch anything.

Justin81

Established Member
I can't remember exactly but I used fishing line too. It still was very difficult and I think my biggest issue was when you get to the stud that is used to bolt the wing down. How do you fishing line past the stud?

scotmach

Established Member
I broke the stock spoiler in my hand when I did my GT500. I used fishing line to break through but when I lifted up on one of the ends it just busted off a piece.

kanine

Established Member
You have to use some force to pull up on the stock spoiler to get the fishing line around the other side of the stud, that's what I used the box cutter for, to hack off some of the glue and slide the fishing line through. Then I used Goo Gone to clean off glue from the tape after the spoiler was off.

Users who are viewing this thread