'14 flat!!!

2014vert

Established Member
Ok Folks, How much horsepower do I need to take a STOCK 1982 GT and run 14 flat? SROD, 3:08 gears,. My old one ran 14.68 @ 94.0 and I want to beat it!!!!:shrug::shrug::banana:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
If it's ET your chasing it's not as much about power as it is about power to weight and grip. If you lighten the car appropriately and get some good tires and good suspension setup you could hit that stock pretty easily.

Point is, there are multiple ways to hit that number..how you want to do it is totally up to you.

Telmaer Hinton

Established Member
If it's ET your chasing it's not as much about power as it is about power to weight and grip. If you lighten the car appropriately and get some good tires and good suspension setup you could hit that stock pretty easily.

Point is, there are multiple ways to hit that number..how you want to do it is totally up to you.

Well said! Loosing weight is the easiest!

2014vert

Established Member
Thanks

Thank you all for chiming in. It's been a while since I've visited the track. I'd forgotten that there is no magic bullet. A graceful combination of gears, weight, balance, and power are necessary to achieve my goal. Great reminder.....:nono:

Users who are viewing this thread