2.301 60'

6.219 330'

76.79 1/8th mph

9.43 660'

.001 990'

97.4 MPH

14.493 1320'

Western Colorado Dragway
Flowmaster catback, K&N Drop in, MGW Short Throw.

My Nitto street tires didn't want to hook up at all after 3500 RPM's. I made a few educated guess runs, but this was the best I had today.

My 60' makes me want to kick my own balls. I'll be tickeling 13's with some DR's I believe.

ster!nn

Established Member
fastball19 said:
Car does Mid to Low 13's Stock... Guess you need more seat time..

Sorry bud, but God didn't put - white sandy beaches - on top of the Rocky Mountains.

I figured full weight (3/4 tank) on street tires being a mile in the air 14.4 wasn't too bad.

I was shooting for mid 14's and maybe touching 13's. I think with a set of DR's I can shave that .4 off pretty easily.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
He's right. More experience is needed. Get that 60 foot down to a 2.0, powershift the bitch and you'll be good.

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
ster!nn said:
Sorry bud, but God didn't put - white sandy beaches - on top of the Rocky Mountains.

I figured full weight (3/4 tank) on street tires being a mile in the air 14.4 wasn't too bad.

I was shooting for mid 14's and maybe touching 13's. I think with a set of DR's I can shave that .4 off pretty easily.

hey it's just the truth.. think of the stock times as a goal you want to reach!:lol:

just messing with you man good luck

ster!nn

Established Member
fastball19 said:
hey it's just the truth.. think of the stock times as a goal you want to reach!:lol:

just messing with you man good luck

lol- thanks

Feather the clutch off from a higher RPM and lengthen my warmup? Shifting @ 6k

I don't use water- just a 1st gear burp to clean/ slightly warm the tires.

And btw, rumor around the local track is that at sea level compared to here, it's nearly a second. I don't completely believe that because I'm pansy shifting, not hooking up, and I only have a catback & filter. That would obviously equate to 13.4's, which even then is only "okay" compared to a professional going 12.9 stock.

What am I doing wrong? The only thing that comes to mind for me is less fuel in my tank, spare tire & swaybar removal for better squating. And of course find a better way to 60' than what I'm doing.

Last edited:

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
ster!nn said:
lol- thanks

Feather the clutch off from a higher RPM and lengthen my warmup? Shifting @ 6k

And btw, rumor around the local track is that at sea level compared to here, it's nearly a second. I don't completely believe that because I'm pansy shifting, not hooking up, and I only have a catback & filter. That would obviously equate to 13.4's, which even then is only "okay" compared to a professional going 12.9 stock.

What am I doing wrong? The only thing that comes to mind for me is less fuel in my tank, spare tire & swaybar removal for better squating. And of course find a better way to 60' than what I'm doing.

You car is a girl... And your not banging her hard enough. woman love it when your ruff.. Bang her harder.. Those gears that is... :-D

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
ster!nn said:
lol- thanks

Feather the clutch off from a higher RPM and lengthen my warmup? Shifting @ 6800rpm

Fixed it for ya

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
Altitude has nothing to do with it.. it's that 2.3 60 ft.. .Keep practicing.. nothing we post here is really going to help you.

Just go run a bunch. You'll eventually learn how.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
LowNSlowNeon said:
Altitude has nothing to do with it.. it's that 2.3 60 ft.. .Keep practicing.. nothing we post here is really going to help you.

Are you serious? Altitude plays a HUGE part, look at the MPH, that's proof enough. I agree that the 60 should come down a lot, but even so, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if 14.40's a mile high was 13.80-90's at sea-level.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
RippinSVT said:
Are you serious? Altitude plays a HUGE part, look at the MPH, that's proof enough. I agree that the 60 should come down a lot, but even so, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if 14.40's a mile high was 13.80-90's at sea-level.

what he ran in that high altitude i ran bone stock on a track @ sea level, with the same 60'. That was also during the dead heat of summer, 90+degrees outside and track temps were much worse. It has a 13 sec run in it no doubt, since they normally do go mid 13's stock from what i see and hear. Everyone is right (except one person) about the altitude. Its kicking your car's ass plain and simple. Bring that car to a track in the south and it will feel like a totally different beast

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
LowNSlowNeon said:

Good weed up in Alaska huh

Users who are viewing this thread