14-15 MLB off season thread

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
how is it possible we don't have an off season thread by now!?!

anyways, it sounds like the Sox have signed Sandoval and Hanley Ramirez to 5 year deals.

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
Aren't there going to be new rules regarding how long a pitcher can take to deliver to the plate? If so, that would have me wondering what that will do to Scherzer. He depends on waiting forever pretty frequently to keep baserunners honest.

Glad the Tigers got VMart back but it looks like the bullpen will probably still suck again next year. That's going to be a problem.

Stanger00

Established Member
how is it possible we don't have an off season thread by now!?!

anyways, it sounds like the Sox have signed Sandoval and Hanley Ramirez to 5 year deals.

Haven't seen anything official yet in regards to Sandoval. Ken Rosenthal said his agents are still weighing options.

Last edited:

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
Hopefully there is a fire sale for the Phillies. Clean house, everyone is on the trading block.

Sign some Jap pitching, some Cuban batters, and trade old stars for prospects. GO!

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
Boom! Lester to cubs!

yea good for him. he's already won 2 WS so going to a team that doesn't have a chance isn't really a big deal to him. plus heading to the NL, his ERA will drop at least a point. i wish him well.

Evil Mach

Fight the Good Fight
Established Member
I just seen that... Possibly will see a Belt 3rd baseman and Posey first base switch for next season.

I think they may give Duffy or Duvall a shot during Spring Training with Headley wanting too much and not much on the FA market. Giants need a quality LF and another starting pitcher with Cain coming off surgery and Timmy being a question mark. Madbum can't carry the team the whole season

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
Thank God, we're FINALLY rid of Porcello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just in time for a somewhat decent defensive infield...? That makes sense. We should have traded him years ago, it would have been better for him and better for the team.

He is a good pitcher if you've got good range on the infield. His numbers with the Tigers over the past few years have suffered because there was no range nor (infield) defensive ability behind him. He never fit the agenda and it was frustrating to watch.

Anyway, none of this offseason shit is going to matter for the Tigers if they can't magically find an ENTIRE bullpen.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
shocked to see Rollins traded to the dodgers, of course nothing coming from the Mets....another losing season here we come

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
Porcello will be good there, he needs a good defense behind him and I don't know if words can describe how bad the Tigers infield has been at supporting him. He could be a #2 or easily #3 if he stays hot. Lord knows he's got the reps to be a vet by now.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Porcello will be good there, he needs a good defense behind him and I don't know if words can describe how bad the Tigers infield has been at supporting him. He could be a #2 or easily #3 if he stays hot. Lord knows he's got the reps to be a vet by now.

He could be #1 on the Red Sox staff as it is right now. Scary.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
the Rex Sox are not thinking with their brains. that Pitching staff is weak, and thats saying it nicely.

hoping the Melky deal gets done. get a RF with a decent bat and the angels going learn today.

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
He could be #1 on the Red Sox staff as it is right now. Scary.

Well maybe now is the time for him. It was ROUGH watching him get beat up from dribblers and just-out-of-reach-grounders all day long. Good for him to finally get out of there.

p23w

Established Member

Sox have loaded up on starting pitching that rely on ground ball outs. The right side of the INF is up to the task, not sure about the left side.

Users who are viewing this thread