Votes: 51 45.9%
  • 2011 GT 500

Votes: 60 54.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fastford21g

Gear Head
Established Member
So, Im in the market for a new(er) car. I was originally looking at a 13 boss - then i noticed that the 11 gt500 isnt that far off in price :shrug: So here is the question - which one would you rather have and why?I know they are different and both good at different things. But its equally tempting to get into either car. I would love to hear from those that have been in a similar situation. Let me know what pushed you one way over the other.
Also , I didnt want to post this in either the GT500 or the Boss specific forums as I want this to be as unbiased as possible.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
well the 2013 Boss now looks very similar to the Gt500 because of the new front grille. Do you like a supercharger or N/A power? are you big on options and ergonomics? because the Boss comes with few while the Gt500 has more....everyone is different...put up a poll.

also there are some guys here who own both cars( not a 2013 boss though, they arent out just yet), just FYI

fastford21g

Gear Head
Established Member
well the 2013 Boss now looks very similar to the Gt500 because of the new front grille. Do you like a supercharger or N/A power? are you big on options and ergonomics? because the Boss comes with few while the Gt500 has more....everyone is different...put up a poll.

also there are some guys here who own both cars( not a 2013 boss though, they arent out just yet), just FYI

Good call ! POLL ADDED!

Truth be told. . . .I have no idea which one I would rather have. I would absolutely love the brute "gitty up" of the GT 500 , but there is something about a corner carving animal! The car isnt going to be a DD, mostly a weekend fun car with a road trip every now and again.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Boss, although I prefer the looks of the '12. The balance and manners of this car are simply unbeatable. It will take whatever you can give it, and on the off chance you ask for too much, it gently taps you on the shoulder and says "hey, imma step out a little now, is that ok??" I swear, it reminds of of our old Lab as a puppy. Playful and fun, wanting nothing more than to make you happy.

Oh yeah, and those forged innards can take some boost if you get tired of 7200 RPM of N/A power.

Last edited:

only a gt

Established Member
I'd go with the Boss. I can only go by what I've read about them since I've never actually driven one, but the way it supposedly handles is what gets my vote. I also like the fact that it is more unique, more of a specialty car compared to the Shelby. Some people could care less about that aspect though, that's just my personal choice.

fastford21g

Gear Head
Established Member
Boss, although I prefer the looks of the '12. The balance and manners of this car are simply unbeatable. It will take whatever you can give it, and on the off chance you ask for too much, it gently taps you on the shoulder and says "hey, imma step out a little now, is that ok??" I swear, it reminds of of our old Lab as a puppy. Playful and fun, wanting nothing more than to make you happy.

Oh yeah, and those forged innards can take some boost if you get tired of 7200 RPM of N/A power.

Hybred, do you find the BOSS to be lacking grunt down low? Im scared its not going to be "fun" to drive unless you are above 5kRPMs. Do you need to wind it up ? OR does it hold its own down low ?

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
GT500 without a doubt

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

mcaligiuri

Established Member
boss does not come with leather to my knowledge which is a huge turnoff to me.

99BlownVert

Established Member
I would go for the Boss, these motors are showing how stout they are already and the boss engines especially. I would get a new boss and throw some kind of blower on it and be way happier.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Hybred, do you find the BOSS to be lacking grunt down low? Im scared its not going to be "fun" to drive unless you are above 5kRPMs. Do you need to wind it up ? OR does it hold its own down low ?

Not even a little. It has no problem on the get-up-and-go aspect, and can spin the tires well into 3rd if you want it to. And when you don't, it can do that too. Keep in mind that it's stablemate and thus my comparison car is a low end torque monster (blown 2010 Camaro).

boss does not come with leather to my knowledge which is a huge turnoff to me.

I prefer the cloth. Doesn't freeze your ass in winter or burn your ass in summer. The cloth Recaros are very comfortable on my 45 min daily commute.

fastford21g

Gear Head
Established Member
The impression that I am under is -
A- The Shelby obviously makes more power, probably "cheaper" to upgrade. But I feel like it would feel heavy , maybe even clunky when your driving.
B- The Boss , makes less power, but i feel like it would be light feeling and more nimble, possibly feels like it would be easier to "push"

Would I be right in my thinking here?

Users who are viewing this thread