1320' suspension gurus please step in . . .

steveofiveo

Established Member
I need your expertise/advice:

2011 M6 mustang
strange adjustables struts/shocks
steeda spring (I forgot which ones but the car is little lower (1.25 front/1.50 rear))
stock rear UCA and LCA
I have lower relocation brackets but have not installed them yet

The motor is 3 degrees up.The front is higher than the back.

The rearend housing is also 3 degrees facing up. (I am not sure if they are on the same plane though, I will check though (via diveshaft angle)

Rear Lower Control arms are facing down 8 degrees (front is lower than the rear a little)

Rear tires are center in the wheel well opening.

Here is my question:

I understand suspension from my old Fox body days (ie anti squat/ Instant center etc.) Do I need to get an new Upper Control arm and mount that would change the angle of the upper arm ? Or just get Lower control arms and use my relocation brackets to change that angle ?

Does the new 2011-2013 plot out the same as the older cars (measuring the bolt holes to the floor etc) or does the mount mess things up to the point it doesn't matter ?

Your recommendations please,

Thx

S

stangn

Established Member
you should have 3-4 degrees of down pinion angle with poly bushings in control arms and 2 degrees down on solid bushings. there is plenty of info on line giving details on correct way to measure this. good luck.

steveofiveo

Established Member
you should have 3-4 degrees of down pinion angle with poly bushings in control arms and 2 degrees down on solid bushings. there is plenty of info on line giving details on correct way to measure this. good luck.

Thnks.

I understand how to measure it, I was just wondering if the new 2011 upper mount changed anything is it same as before ?

S

stangn

Established Member
It's longer and they say bolt position is in a slightly different spot. Pinion angle is pinion angle any way you look at it, from stock suspension to 4 link. Hope it helps

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
UCA and UCM are different.

Hardware is larger.

Arm is 1" Longer.

Hole in mount is 1" closer towards front of car.

IMAG0805.jpg

IMAG0804.jpg

IMAG0803.jpg

IMAG0802.jpg

IMAG0801.jpg

IMAG0800.jpg

IMAG0799.jpg

IMAG0798.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread