13 TVS Pulley removal problem and solution

enormous

Established Member
Ford uses plenty of heavy duty Loc Tite to install the 2.7" pulley on their 13 TVS. Two pulley tools including the VMP one would not budge it. A call to Sylvian at BilletProShop saved the day. He first advised to heat the pulley and snout to melt the Loc Tite.

Well, seems my small propane torch does not create enough heat and three heating attemps later had me phoning Sylvian again. He says the stubborn ones require the snout being removed from the TVS. His method is to use a 10 ton press to press off the pulley after using acetylene to heat it to 300 degree, this literally burns off the paint off the pulley.

Since I do not have a press and acetylene he offered to do it If I remove the snout and send it to him.

This part is easy with the TVS on the car, I used a 12ml syringe and a 4" section of aquarium hose to suck the oil out. Remove the 6 factory bolts and use a block of wood and lightly tap the snout forward and off. Took under 10 minutes. Some old towels easily soaked up the few drops of oil lost.

I want to give a shout out to Sylvian at BPS for his helpful assistance and insight. I am looking forward to my dyno day with his new BPS 2.396 TVS pulley. Some custom BPS 750 HP fender badges wiill find their way onto my car in the process. He is running a special right now for SVT members.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread