'13 rear brake question??

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
Hey guys, I need your help.

I need to see if one of you guys could look at your car and see if it has anti-moan braces on the rear brakes or not.

The parts catalog is wrong and I can't get a good answer from Ford, if you don't know what these are they're attached to the rear axle with a U-bolt and then it has a bracket that goes out and reinforces the caliper bracket.

Looks like the part highlighted in this pic,

M2300M.gif

If I'm right the '13 GT500 doesn't use them, if i'm wrong then I have to figure out the part number since Ford doesn't list it anywhere.

Thanks, Steve

Last edited:

Cman01

hello
Established Member
I was just out there cleaning up my calipers on the Z06 and the Shelby (both cars are on stands right now stored for winter).

Went back out to take a look for ya......................my Shelby doesn't have those brackets.

Tony

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I've wondered about these since day one but have never been able to find a clear photo. Then I saw Aaron (89Saleen215) post about a moan brace for the '13 (or lackthereof) yesterday. Odd if they are no longer used as they served to triangulate the caliper bracket to the axle tubes. I'd have thought that with the elongated '13 caliper brackets that they would be needed even more so...

Users who are viewing this thread