13 Hour wait Pays off. Nintendo Wii.

ArkangelX3

Established Member
So after owning Zelda for two weeks, and not having the system. I finally got one. After hounding my local Gamestop in Dallas. I got word about 4 days in advance, they would have 9 for sale on sunday. He recommended camping out. Well im all stressed because i work at Macaroni Grill, and knew that i wouldnt be able to get out in time. I had to do so many crazy things to get off as soon as i could. I ended paying an employee 15 bucks to do all my side work (which can take a long time). With that done, and suddenly perfect timing for my last three tables leaving, i found myself off at 830 pm. SO i called my gamestop and Jason said bad news. That gamestop already had more than 9 people in line. Graciously he gave me the numbers to two gamestops i should check. So i called one and no one was in line as of 845. So i rused to walmart to pick up a folding chair, some water and goldfish. So complete with my Robert Jordan novel and goldfish i sped over there. ANd luckily at 900pm i was fourth in line, and two minutes later numbver 5-6 show up. So a long night, and 10 more people in line(we tried to tell the other people there were only six, but they still stayed as if they didnt believe us. So a few trips to the bathroom and walgreens and starbucks, and a few hours later, i finally got to enjoy my Zelda.

I know, I know:loser:

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
lol, nice! I want one too...but i refuse to stand in any line. I dont know why these things are so hard to get?!?! Nintendo usually does a pretty good job with releases. Enjoy zelda though!

99caddysts

Established Member
CentennialVert said:
Have you thrown the remote through your tv yet?
LMAO

anyways...a friend of mine was the last person in line and right when he got his free ticket, he sold it for $250.

Leeroy697

Established Member
I got a playstation 3 2 weeks ago by walking in a store and buying it. I will never understand waiting outside. If you just wait then you will get one. It does help that I know a lot of people in retail so they give me the heads up. I told my buddy today about a local sams club who had 12 ps3's and another that had 18 nintendos. He went up to try to get a nintendo and was 10 mins late!!!

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
damn.. I'm sorry, but there's NO WAY I'd wait in line longer than 10 minutes to get a "game console" that in a few months I'll be bored with and will just have sit in the corner and gather dust, and 2 years from now will throw away..

horseplay

Crazy MMA Junkie
Established Member
I think the machine is cool, I just seconds ago hooked my PS3 to my tv. When i was waiting in line for the PS3 at wally world. The manager said they had many Wii's Available and could have got one. My dad has 2 More PS3'S For sale, 20 & 60 GB.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
G:342 said:
Why people wait in line overnight for a video game is beyond me....

These same people will be the same ones bitching about having to go to Jury Duty in that thread. I'll never understand it either. You lived your whole life without out it so far, will it kill ya to wait a little while until the frenzy dies. :shrug: Go out have a few beers with the guys and get some play. -Mat-

Adower

Established Member
G:342 said:
Why people wait in line overnight for a video game is beyond me....

Some people would wonder why car enthusiast would spend money modding a car. People are into different things...

horseplay

Crazy MMA Junkie
Established Member
The people complain because eithier they cannot get or afford one. I actually got mine from my cousins b/f and my dad got his off auctions. I did stand in line for the my 360, And stood at my local wally world for like 5 hours and found out they did not have that many. I waited and i have one....:shrug:

ArkangelX3

Established Member
Its all right if some people don't understand waiting. Its a gotta have factor. If you have been playing video games as long as I have, then its more clear. Ive been playing since the very first Atari, and the Commodore 64 were out. Ive owned every single system there has been.(cept the neo geo). Its no different than ordering a car and waiting 6 months for it. Why wait that long? You can just wait until there are more available. Sometimes its not the end result, but the journey that makes it worthwhile.

Supernova

Established Member
Kinda want to get one, but I'm a little scared off by all the poor reviews the games have gotten... Zelda is obviously good, but other than that there isn't much. And I know that the graphics aren't everything with Wii games, but damn, I haven't seen a single game that looks any better than what they already had on the Gamecube. I was interested in Far Cry for the Wii, but they said the graphics were HORRIBLE... A shame, because the controller seems like it would be great for FPS.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Got mine off eBay 3 days after launch. I've played it three times since, it's been dormant 2+ weeks now. It can't hold my attention like the 360 :shrug:

Ride Along

i has an avatar!
Established Member
How is the controller on the Wii's? It just doesn't seem like it would be that responsive or precise.

Users who are viewing this thread