'13 GT500 tire sensors?

DepWraith

Established Member
Getting another set of wheels and was curious if anyone with a '13 GT500 has successfully used any '12 or earlier tire sensors on their '13?

BOD89LX

Established Member
I have a set of 2011 SVTPP wheels and sensors on my 13 so no worries you may have to program the sensors to the vehicle is all.

Snoopy49

Established Member
The only thing you have to take into consideration when using the earlier TPMS sensors is the speed limitation (155 MPH). I can not recall reading any complaints about sensor failures on pre 13 cars, so the warning may be a CYA situation.

7ONE7

B737 DRVR
Established Member
I have the AM TPMS kit on my '13, no problems at all so far. Just make sure you get a 2010+ kit.

Last edited:

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
FYI...I see that you're in Florida and I just took my GT-R to Discount Tire yesterday after having a set of HRE's put on it. I used brand new Nissan TPMS sensors, but the PCM didn't identify them. It about 2 minutes to scan and link them to the car.
S.

einehund

Established Member
The only thing you have to take into consideration when using the earlier TPMS sensors is the speed limitation (155 MPH). I can not recall reading any complaints about sensor failures on pre 13 cars, so the warning may be a CYA situation.

I've also HEARD that they can break at speed, and that's why they switched styles, but I've had mine well over 155 a crap ton of times and topped out at 181 and no issues with the TPMS...

DepWraith

Established Member
FYI...I see that you're in Florida and I just took my GT-R to Discount Tire yesterday after having a set of HRE's put on it. I used brand new Nissan TPMS sensors, but the PCM didn't identify them. It about 2 minutes to scan and link them to the car.
S.

How does this apply to the Shelby?

DepWraith

Established Member
Because TPMS all work the same. Whether your use another set of 13's or earlier or AM sensors, they can be programmed in 2-minutes by a competent shop with a TPMS scanner.
S.

Ok, thanks...I had heard that the '12 and older sensors didn't work on the '13, even with programmer, which was the reason for my original question.

Users who are viewing this thread