13 gt500 methanol injection kit

Shelbanator

Established Member
So im thinking of throwing a methanol injection kit has anyone ever bought the stage 3 from american muscle? If so any good ? I am trying to keep this beast a bit cooler and hopefully make some more power on pumpgas.

Beercules

Established Member
Some people here use meth. I do, but i went directly to snow to get exactly what i wanted

Most people will tell you to just switch to e85... but that's assuming you have decent e85 everywhere you normally travel. They're worried the pump will fail and completely forget the available boost dumping safety features available.

Random thoughts:
I guess bmw is using it on some of their new vehicles.

E85 Is bad on valves if theyre not the correct metallurgy (not sure if ours are ok or not). This is a reason manufacturers didn't like the gov trying to mandate 15% ethanol in gas last year.

Snows new round multicolored controller is pretty nice.

Its debatable if spraying before the blower helps with IATs.

My blower rotors were losing a bit of the wear coating before i installed the kit. I haven't noticed it wearing more since.

One of the members here has installed 4 jets under the intake to ensure it cools correctly.

I'm running the ngauge displaying knock retard. If retard starts going positive, somethings wrong, it lights up and it's time to get out off the throttle.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I just converted to E85, but if I didn't have the E85 option, I think this car is a perfect candidate for meth injection.
Get a quality kit and as usual, a quality tuner and you'll be safe and happy with big power.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread