13' GT500 Fays2 and Steeda Sport Springs = WIN

Zeroescence

Established Member
Well ILLANOR is done with mods for a few.............days, weeks, months, who knows.:banana: Either way here are some photos and my impressions.

This combo is stellar! The spring install was easy and fun. I had her done in 1.5 hours with the wife's help. I put about 5 miles on her to make sure she makes no noise and feels right. I have to say there is no noticeable ride quality difference, but there is a difference in body roll. The Watts link was a small change for the better in body roll reduction. The springs really keep it flat through corners. Coupled together this thing is flat and bites hard out of a corner and is way more confident on corner approach and front end drop under heavy breaking.

Im very happy with my purchases and now the car handles awesome, This is the way it should have left the factory. Here are the photos.:beer:

IMG_2447.jpg

IMG_2452.jpg

IMG_2462.jpg

IMG_2465.jpg

IMG_2466.jpg

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2472.jpg

IMG_2476.jpg

peteypab2133

Established Member
Wow man, I cannot tell you enough how good this thing looks. I was totally against going lower but it looks night and day. Great pictures too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
God that thing is beautiful.

Zeroescence

Established Member
Wow man, I cannot tell you enough how good this thing looks. I was totally against going lower but it looks night and day. Great pictures too.

Glad you like it. It is well worth the small investment.

God that thing is beautiful.

Thanks guys, It means a lot coming from guys with equally good looking rides. This is my absolute favorite car I have owned. :coolman:

O'Neill

Established Member
I know someone who has a horse ranch. I will give you 662 horses for that. Deal?

BrettR

Established Member
You make me want to lower mine now. Damn you lol. She looks beautiful!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Slowponycar

Established Member
Well ILLANOR is done with mods for a few.............days, weeks, months, who knows.:banana: Either way here are some photos and my impressions.

This combo is stellar! The spring install was easy and fun. I had her done in 1.5 hours with the wife's help. I put about 5 miles on her to make sure she makes no noise and feels right. I have to say there is no noticeable ride quality difference, but there is a difference in body roll. The Watts link was a small change for the better in body roll reduction. The springs really keep it flat through corners. Coupled together this thing is flat and bites hard out of a corner and is way more confident on corner approach and front end drop under heavy breaking.

Im very happy with my purchases and now the car handles awesome, This is the way it should have left the factory. Here are the photos.:beer:

IMG_2447.jpg

IMG_2452.jpg

IMG_2462.jpg

IMG_2465.jpg

IMG_2466.jpg

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2472.jpg

IMG_2476.jpg

:rockon: man that looks so sweet

ReapeR948

FOXDIE
Established Member

IMG_2447.jpg

IMG_2452.jpg

IMG_2462.jpg

IMG_2465.jpg

IMG_2466.jpg

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2472.jpg

IMG_2476.jpg

How deep is the drop in front/back?

ReapeR948

FOXDIE
Established Member
how about wheel hop? How about dead stop acceleration?

"These are the things I need to know" -Agent Smith

lol

Zeroescence

Established Member
First, Thank you all for the nice things you have said. :beer:

how about wheel hop? How about dead stop acceleration?

"These are the things I need to know" -Agent Smith

lol

No wheel hop. It grabs about 30% better with my new setup on factory tires.

How deep is the drop in front/back?

The steedas claim 1.5 rear, and 1.25 front. I have seen (without it settling) .95inch front and 1.1 inch rear. :rockon:

Wow i'd hate to come across that thing in a dark alley, Looks awesome.

:lol: Thanks

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
well well well....someone decided to go with the steeda springs like me. Told you they were good and the stance was perfect. Glad to hear it. I have a panhard for now, but next year ill look to add this fays2 setup also, looks like it will give me exactly what im looking for. Glad to hear the positive feedback and the car looks great...but not better than mine! :lol1:

Zeroescence

Established Member
well well well....someone decided to go with the steeda springs like me. Told you they were good and the stance was perfect. Glad to hear it. I have a panhard for now, but next year ill look to add this fays2 setup also, looks like it will give me exactly what im looking for. Glad to hear the positive feedback and the car looks great...but not better than mine! :lol1:

Ahh yes, look who decided to show up to the party late. Glad you could make it. :D

Yeah I heard your review and a couple others review and decided to go with them. The funny thing is the rear steedas next to the stock rear spring, steedas were taller. I guess they settle lower. Not much lower but enough to set the car off.

Did you go adjustable panhard or just the factory for now? Did you get an alignment? Thanks devious.

PS: your car is sick.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Ahh yes, look who decided to show up to the party late. Glad you could make it. :D

Yeah I heard your review and a couple others review and decided to go with them. The funny thing is the rear steedas next to the stock rear spring, steedas were taller. I guess they settle lower. Not much lower but enough to set the car off.

Did you go adjustable panhard or just the factory for now? Did you get an alignment? Thanks devious.

PS: your car is sick.

yea once they settle they have a good 1.2 inch drop, levels the car out a bit. I got the BMR adjustable panhard , made a minor adjustment once I lowered it. Steeda did the alignment for me when they lowered the car. I have over 1100 miles now, and the car definitely feels better and more planted than it did when I first got it. the lowering itself helps with acceleration and cornering feel...I would have ordered the fays2 already but the wife said no, plus I have the new babygirl so....ill wait till my birthday in january 2013 :rockon:

p.s. I love your car too, just teasing and thanks. I love my beast, few more aesthetic upgrades I have planned so we shall see..... :-D

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
Looks great :thumbsup:

Did you install caster/camber plates or camber bolts?
If not, I would check your alignment specs in a few weeks after the springs settle. I'm sure camber and toe angles have changed some.

Zeroescence

Established Member
yea once they settle they have a good 1.2 inch drop, levels the car out a bit. I got the BMR adjustable panhard , made a minor adjustment once I lowered it. Steeda did the alignment for me when they lowered the car. I have over 1100 miles now, and the car definitely feels better and more planted than it did when I first got it. the lowering itself helps with acceleration and cornering feel...I would have ordered the fays2 already but the wife said no, plus I have the new babygirl so....ill wait till my birthday in january 2013 :rockon:

p.s. I love your car too, just teasing and thanks. I love my beast, few more aesthetic upgrades I have planned so we shall see..... :-D

Sweet! Thanks for the info. Yeah the new baby is more important the the other new baby. Looking forward to seeing your new look.

Looks great :thumbsup:

Did you install caster/camber plates or camber bolts?
If not, I would check your alignment specs in a few weeks after the springs settle. I'm sure camber and toe angles have changed some.

No plates installed or bolts. I'm going to do the bolts in 2 weeks and have it aligned.

peteypab2133

Established Member
I have been looking very closely at the pictures. Did you already have the springs on the car for the picture you took signature?

They look pretty similar. They will settle a little more I assume?

Zeroescence

Established Member
I have been looking very closely at the pictures. Did you already have the springs on the car for the picture you took signature?

They look pretty similar. They will settle a little more I assume?

No my sig pic is not lowered. Yeah in person it looks lower. Also the jack almost didn't come out when I lowered the front back down.

Users who are viewing this thread