13' GT vs Fox GT

CW1343

Established Member
Well as the title states its not really a fair race but what the heck. I am driving to the store this morning in the new GT and as a approach a stoplight I can see an old Fox GT a few cars back. We're all in the lane to turn left and proceed up this steep hill and as soon as light turns green he speeds through the traffic to catch up to me. I dont care to race typically but the two teenagers in the Fox were grinning from ear to ear looking at my 13' so I figured id humor them. Once we got through the roundabout just before the steep incline he stays right next to me for a few seconds (slow traffic in front of me) and all of a sudden hes off motor roaring and black smoke pouring. I quickly change lanes and roll into the throttle in third. I short shifted into fourth and "freight trained" him, no where near pushing my car hard. I let out on the throttle right after shooting by him and he pulls back up alongside me, both he and the passenger still all smiles. We exchange thumbs up and part ways. I know its not a real race or anything and by no means am I bragging about beating a 20 year old car. I own a 93' 5.0 LX myself and they are fun little cars, but figured Id share my little fun run today for sh*** and giggles. :banana:

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
Fun little cars?

A Foxbody with you're 2013's drivetrain will destroy your new GT. Don't get me wrong I love the new 5.0 Mustangs and would take one over another Terminator, but Foxbodies don't get out-accelerated by too many cars when they have the same HP, and can actually hook it up especially when you do the typical weight saving mods.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Those fun little cars make a solid drag car for many people? Not sure if you are a Troll or not?

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
I have a buddy here in town (also on this forum) with a '93 Fox that will destroy his new 2013 GT500! :burnout:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
As always the problem with a fox is you never know what you are gonna get.

Could be 13s, could be 10s

Don't look or sound much different when going down the hwy.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
They do make great platforms for drag cars. He wasn't meaning any disrespect. In stock form they are fun little cars. I've got a 92 pushing 5 psi and it is still a fun little car.

CW1343

Established Member
Id like to apologize in advance for any confusion that may have ensued. I do not mean any disrespect to FoxBodies or their owners. The Fox GT mentioned in this thread didnt appear to be heavily modified (all I could tell was maybe something with the exhaust due to the fact that the typical turn down pipes on the GT's were not on this car).

Fun little cars?

A Foxbody with you're 2013's drivetrain will destroy your new GT. Don't get me wrong I love the new 5.0 Mustangs and would take one over another Terminator, but Foxbodies don't get out-accelerated by too many cars when they have the same HP, and can actually hook it up especially when you do the typical weight saving mods.

Oh yeah, absolutely! Foxes with the right set up are potent cars for sure. I was referring to a stock or near stock Fox.

I think he meant fun little cars as it not heavily modified like you are saying.

+1

Those fun little cars make a solid drag car for many people? Not sure if you are a Troll or not?

No sir, no troll here. Like I stated, I own a 93' and I love those cars.

I have a buddy here in town (also on this forum) with a '93 Fox that will destroy his new 2013 GT500! :burnout:

Awesome! He owns both!? Lucky guy :rockon:

+1 Isn't that the truth.

They do make great platforms for drag cars. He wasn't meaning any disrespect. In stock form they are fun little cars. I've got a 92 pushing 5 psi and it is still a fun little car.

+1 Thank you :beer:

May93

Established Member
I've owned numerous Fox bodies with mods ranging from nitrous to supercharged. Their great cars that brought back the muscle car area were currently in. In their day they ruled the streets and the track but unfortunately the ones you see these days are rough. A stock GT at 225hp doesn’t seem like much compared to today’s GT's making a stock 412hp. Granted I've seen a stock looking LX go 10's but I’ve also seen a GT with average driver run mid 15's all day. Today’s stock 5.0 with an automatic transmission would own an old 5.0 GT or LX all day. But the comparison isn’t fair because the truth is that in their own right and time they both represented Ford and Mustangs very well. Today’s 5.0 just brings back the respect and fear the ole 5.0 demanded and earned.

CW1343

Established Member
I've owned numerous Fox bodies with mods ranging from nitrous to supercharged. Their great cars that brought back the muscle car area were currently in. In their day they ruled the streets and the track but unfortunately the ones you see these days are rough. A stock GT at 225hp doesn’t seem like much compared to today’s GT's making a stock 412hp. Granted I've seen a stock looking LX go 10's but I’ve also seen a GT with average driver run mid 15's all day. Today’s stock 5.0 with an automatic transmission would own an old 5.0 GT or LX all day. But the comparison isn’t fair because the truth is that in their own right and time they both represented Ford and Mustangs very well. Today’s 5.0 just brings back the respect and fear the ole 5.0 demanded and earned.

Very well put, couldn't have said it better myself. :beer:

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I didn't read it wrong and though it was a good little run. With those kids grinning ear to ear, i bet they wanted you to get on it. some run to run cause they think they can beat anything or not sure or they know they'll get beat but want to see your car run.
+1, with a fox, you don't know if it's stock or has a built 347 with a KB ontop. I would love to have a fox coupe 5.0. Saw one on craigslist near my house, wish i was there to check it out. I still miss my my 95 GT too..with H/C/I, A9L and mods it was at 290rwhp and that didn't include the 125 shot. Beat several friends with new edge GT's, Cobra's and Camaros years ago with it.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member

This

Usually only two different types of fox bodies on the road. 13 second and 10 second ones

coyotefiveoh

Established Member
Fun little cars?

trolling??

no shit it will. anyone with half a brain knows that.

Users who are viewing this thread