13 GT on Alcatraz Bullitt car chase scene

Edge8300

Established Member
Please tell me you guys saw this fairly accurate recreation of the Bullitt car chase with a Charger and Mustang last night? I was just minding my own business, I look up and she's stealing a Kona blue GT. They pull up to a light, they put their seatbelts on, and bam...they light em up.

The sound of the Mustang was pretty awesome. They did a good job with it.

Watch it here.

Legendsofalcatraz.com

I really enjoyed it, thought you guys might too.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
The production piece actually looked decent, I was kind of worried because the behind the scenes version was REALLY bad. I wish they would have taken them through the mountains though, when the Mustang really opened it up.

Edge8300

Established Member
Is it just me or does that look the a v6 charger? The 5.0 looked and sounded great!

Yeah, I think they were downplaying the Charger with the lame looking black wheels ect. The show was sponsored by Ford. If you're going to sponsor a show, a Bullitt recreation is a great way to do it.

Funny5.0

Established Member
Yeah, I think they were downplaying the Charger with the lame looking black wheels ect. The show was sponsored by Ford. If you're going to sponsor a show, a Bullitt recreation is a great way to do it.

Very cool!
Original chase scene better though:bowdown:

Edge8300

Established Member
You guys are being trolled by a spammer.

I hope you are not talking about me. Just because this was my first post, does not mean I'm a spammer. I was just watching the Bullitt scene on YouTube with my father in law last week, so when I was him buckle his seatbelt I was like No Way.

I read here a lot, just never post. I assure you, if I worked for Ford, I wouldn't have a 97 f-150 with 200k on it.

I searched for a thread about the Alcatraz scene, didn't find it, and posted. Just sharing, no troll.

Edge8300

Established Member
Ok then. At first, it smelled of spam.

Looking back, I agree, didn't mean to make it look like that. Just thought it was cool and wanted to share with a link to the video. The website has ford all over it, as does the show Alcatraz. Every vehicle in that show is a ford, minus the lame looking charger...And the well placed VW beetle like what was in the original chase scene.

What's weird though, is they don't mention the Bullitt reference in anything, thought that was odd.

Carry on.

charged351

Established Member
They did not mention "Bullitt," but did anyone see the Bullitt looking fastback when the lady was laying on the ground bleeding? Checkout the background behind her.

Edge8300

Established Member
They did not mention "Bullitt," but did anyone see the Bullitt looking fastback when the lady was laying on the ground bleeding? Checkout the background behind her.

That's actually the car she drives all the time, the green fastback.

Also, what IS up with that GT shifter. It looks like it came out of a 93' Camry.

Last edited:

Marc

Established Member
This show is no different than that cop show based in Hawaii...Hawaii Five O or something like that. Every damn vehicle in that show is a Chevy with the main vehicle being a camaro. :lol: Nice to see a show that is primary mustangs and fords.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I enjoyed the chase scene a lot...but I've watched this show since the beginning and I love it. I think it is great that I am into a show that just happens to have a fastback and now a '13 GT in it. I also love watching the '13 commercial because it appears during every episode.

Users who are viewing this thread