'13 GT engine swap how to guide (MMR, aluminator, ect.)

460cidpower

Established Member
I've got a 51,000 mile '13 GT with a Paxton blower. It's been running fine and not burning any oil. Since it's lasted this long, I'm thinking of pulling it and sending it to MMR for forged internals.

Is there anyone here that knows of a good guide of what to do/ watch for when pulling the engine and re-installing it? (What to do prior to start up, ect) I installed the blower myself and IMO have a ok handle on what needs to be done but I would love to read about someone else's swap.

LOL this would be done in my driveway and done very slowly over time :p

Any pics/ help at all would be greatly appreciated. :bowdown:

P.S. I tried doing a forum search prior to posting this, most of the posts I saw had a shop doing this for them.

CobraRed_96_GT

Dept. of Redundancy Depar
Established Member
You're in FL and you want to send your engine to SoCal for MMR to install forged internals?
Are you planning on piling on a ton more boost that the stock internals can't handle?

What's the need?

redline5.0

Established Member
Just go to helminc, pay for a which ever subscription you want, print all the manuals you want and follow them. That's what I used from my cam install and valve springs. I pretty much just printed every thing I could find as a pdf.

460cidpower

Established Member
im just scared that the stock internals will one day fail rendering the block and or heads useless. I do not plan on running any more boost than the stock Paxton setup.

Is there a reputatable builder in the Tampa area?

Last edited:

460cidpower

Established Member
I already have the factory repair manuals. I just wanted to see what others have done. Lol I am surprised I cannot find anyone else who has done this and posted their results. If nothing else I just enjoy reading about such things.

Tx5.0

Established Member
Send me a pm with any questions you have. I swapped to an aluminator by myself in the garage.

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
I did my aluminator in my garage also but I have a lift and dropped engine and transmission together. I didn't take any photos of the process. If you have access to the workshop manual it shouldn't be difficult.

Rich D

Large Member
Established Member
MPR in Boynton Beach is who you want to see about building your engine.

Tx5.0

Established Member
I just used a hoist from pepboys and jack stands. Its really not bad coming out from the top.

Users who are viewing this thread