13 GT auto shift problems

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
So I've had my 13 gt a little over a year with 17k miles on it. I've noticed on low throttle, when shifting between gears (mainly up shifting) it will hesitate (almost slip) then slide in to gear. The car is currently on the stock tune, I've tried resetting the computer and it still continues to do it. It doesn't do it every time, but out of 10 take offs it will do it once. I'm thinking it's a software issue. I called the dealer, and was told since there's no CEL they couldn't do anything for me.

Thanks for the input.

dave00gt

Established Member
isn't there a service bulletin for that, I would look for it in service bulletins and bring that printout to the dealer, that's what I did and they reprogrammed it and it solved a startup issue

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
isn't there a service bulletin for that, I would look for it in service bulletins and bring that printout to the dealer, that's what I did and they reprogrammed it and it solved a startup issue

from what I've seen its for 11-12's. I put my VIN in the fords website and it says theres no TSB's.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
If there are no tsb's, no flash updates from ford, and ford wont touch it unless there is a cell, I'd say your sol. A good datalog sent to a reputable tuner will solve this issue, but its up to you!

stanger1

Established Member
I have an 2011 Roush Stage 2 with Roushcharger and when I bought it, I noticed that besides a bad tune, it had a slip shift on the 2-3 shift. RPM's would rev up as it shifted.
A new tune helped the engine big time, but they could not get the tranny shift fixed. I had dealer do the TSB 11-11-11 which was for the early build 2011's which mine was and it did not fix, so I got them to rebuild my tranny, as it had some fired clutchs and some other parts.
Now it shift as it should and all is well. Car only had 6,000 miles..

Users who are viewing this thread