13 CTS V vs Paxton '11 GT

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
I have a '13 CTS V with upper, intake, and tune. Made 540rwhp.

My friend has a '11 GT/CS with Paxton @ 8psi Boss 302, IDE, Headers Back 3.73's, NT05s. Made 571rwhp.

We ran from a low 20-25mph roll and I took him by a few cars. Ran from a 50 Roll and that was the *second* race in the video. The *first* race in the video was from a 30 and I gave him the hit. We ran shortly after at a higher roll and I gave him the hit, and it was pretty close. Maybe had him by half a car.

He just got the installation and tune done like two days so he may need more seat time. His torque numbers were in the mid 400's so that may explain the difference? I was honestly expecting him to pull me on the highway because he has weight and HP on me.

[video=youtube;2dUpzAp69eU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dUpzAp69eU[/video]

Now he's going to go E85.

I'm debating on doing heads, cam, headers, lower, E85

or

Get a Hellcat

Still undecided.

Last edited:

Blown 89

Established Member
I feel like I should say get a hellcat to keep the pattern going but that would be a terrible mistake so no, don't get a hellcat

DarkMach1

Established Member
Don't get a hellcat.

And whether because of driver or setup, that's a terrible showing for a Paxton coyote.

ctgreddy

Established Member
Don't get a damn hellcat. Maybe it's just where I live but they're EVERYWHERE. If I go out for a Friday/Saturday cruise I see Atleast 5 of them. And another 15+ scat packs. Mopars are the new civics in Detroit. That said, do heads/cam/header/e85. I just finished assembling a wagon with everything above only on 93, made 708thru an auto. Figure with E you'd gain another 40 or so and would be 200whp over what you have now. Way more fun, better looking, and "rare" of a car than a normal hellcat.

ramstein

Established Member
Get a Hellcat if you can, don't get it if you can't. full bolted 5.0 with minimal weight reduction should give a pullied ctsv a good run. Paxton coyote w]should rape a pullied V

Last edited:

DaBigBone

Established Member
Ouch. Seems like it would be an easy win for the paxton. More power and it weighs less yet it still lost.. Surprising.

KzooMuscle

Established Member
Don't get a damn hellcat. Maybe it's just where I live but they're EVERYWHERE. If I go out for a Friday/Saturday cruise I see Atleast 5 of them. And another 15+ scat packs. Mopars are the new civics in Detroit. That said, do heads/cam/header/e85. I just finished assembling a wagon with everything above only on 93, made 708thru an auto. Figure with E you'd gain another 40 or so and would be 200whp over what you have now. Way more fun, better looking, and "rare" of a car than a normal hellcat.

Are you familiar with Cimon's car? My buddy that has a GTR rolls with that crowd and is egging me on to race him. He forgot to mention that Hellcat makes north of 1000whp. :loser:

OP, Don't get a Hellcat, I agree with Colin, I like the rarity of a fast V.

Last edited:

Never_Enough

Established Member

I also say no Hellcat. Must be a regional thing. I don't see A HC often, and when I do, they are always either in a parking lot or going the opposite direction on the highway. I want to run one just for the hell of it.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Well unless you guys were tuned on the same dyno on the same day, what he is putting down might actually not be as much as you are since dyno numbers can't really be compared from dyno to dyno.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread