13 Boss 302, NA build

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Well, bigger is better. People are of the school of thought that larger headers will lose torque. Before technology like TI-vct that was likely true, but now you just want to put the parts on there that will flow the most, and tune the cams to make the most of them at any given point. I imagine the difference is a bit of a grey area, but the more power you're trying to make, the larger the difference will be, its just hard to quantify that without some hard numbers though.

Yeah i know man :( I probably wont spend more money on another set of headers unless JPC/RGR says that we can gain 10+rwhp with them in conjunction with the whole setup.

darreng505

Established Member
Yeah i know man :( I probably wont spend more money on another set of headers unless JPC/RGR says that we can gain 10+rwhp with them in conjunction with the whole setup.

And this is a good example of what some people refer to as "everything affects everything else". Headers alone can open up some flow for sure, but then other parts become a weak link - e.g. cats? mufflers? intake? tune?
Any quoted numbers on a single part will be fairly conservative I would think, so a good tune can squeeze some more juice out of a wholly designed system.

I have the kooks 1-7/8" headers.
Will be re-adding the new kooks side pipes for straight exhaust
CJ intake
SCJ TB
5" Intake tube
cams with high lift, duration, overlap

So my aim is to maximize the airflow through the entire system. Hopefully cams arrive this week...

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
And this is a good example of what some people refer to as "everything affects everything else". Headers alone can open up some flow for sure, but then other parts become a weak link - e.g. cats? mufflers? intake? tune?
Any quoted numbers on a single part will be fairly conservative I would think, so a good tune can squeeze some more juice out of a wholly designed system.

I have the kooks 1-7/8" headers.
Will be re-adding the new kooks side pipes for straight exhaust
CJ intake
SCJ TB
5" Intake tube
cams with high lift, duration, overlap

So my aim is to maximize the airflow through the entire system. Hopefully cams arrive this week...

Awesome!!!!! Please do post results ASAP!!!

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
If I go through the effort of swaping transmissions... I am going Auto and 100+ shot of N2O... not going to waste with another manual.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
If I go through the effort of swaping transmissions... I am going Auto and 100+ shot of N2O... not going to waste with another manual.

Well I had thought about that and I enjoy DRIVING my car as opposed to winning all the races, It was either gonna be a Whipple 2.9/3.4 1000+hp or was gonna be a NA build and since the next gen of cars is around the corner i decided to play with something cheaper and wait to see what C7Z, GTR, GT500 all have to offer in the next gen of semi affordable mini super cars LOL!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread