13 5.0 w/tvs battle 13 5.0 w/magnuson

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
What do these cars run on the track? Nice video Btw... Thanks
Roush TVS car has been 11.7 lauching and spinning on 20" DRs. Doesn't go out too often right now to the track. The Whiteside car I'm personally not sure on times, but he is on 20" Michelin PSS tires.

Good runs. Any specifics on each set up?

Roush TVS is standard Roush TVS with 82mm pulley, Lethal O/R H, 2013 GT500 axlebacks, and a tune by 04sleeper (Kevin Dunn). Soon to be E85 converted.

Whiteside (Magnuson TVS) is the standard Magnuson TVS with stock pulley, and factory airbox, MBRP full exhaust w/ Race series axlebacks.

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
Fastest the TVS has been able to go at the track was 11.62 at 124 with a 1.95 60ft. The 20's and 3.73s are hurting it. It's more built as a good handling street car. Has a lot of suspension work too.

The Sema car has only been out once and I think he ran a 12.2 on 20" Michelin SS. And
It was his first time on the track.

TVS car mods are:
Roush 2.3 with 82mm. 15.5 degrees of timing. Conservative tune. Should make around 560.
Leathal o/r h
'13 gt500 axleback
H&r race springs
KONI yellows
BMR adj panhard
BMR LCAs and brackets
Eibach adj front and rear sways
Forgestar 20" cf10s in brushed titanium
Invos on front and 555rs on rear.

Sema car is a sema car. It's got a ton of mods. It's beautiful.

Maggy set up on stock pulley.
Pro tune
Willwood brakes
Rear seat delete
Recaro racing seats
20" forge lines in copper on Michelin SS.
Coils
Wide open custom exhaust with quad tips.

I'm sure many more I missed. He's a good dude.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Fastest the TVS has been able to go at the track was 11.62 at 124 with a 1.95 60ft. The 20's and 3.73s are hurting it. It's more built as a good handling street car. Has a lot of suspension work too.

The Sema car has only been out once and I think he ran a 12.2 on 20" Michelin SS. And
It was his first time on the track.

TVS car mods are:
Roush 2.3 with 82mm. 15.5 degrees of timing. Conservative tune. Should make around 560.
Leathal o/r h
'13 gt500 axleback
H&r race springs
KONI yellows
BMR adj panhard
BMR LCAs and brackets
Eibach adj front and rear sways
Forgestar 20" cf10s in brushed titanium
Invos on front and 555rs on rear.

Sema car is a sema car. It's got a ton of mods. It's beautiful.

Maggy set up on stock pulley.
Pro tune
Willwood brakes
Rear seat delete
Recaro racing seats
20" forge lines in copper on Michelin SS.
Coils
Wide open custom exhaust with quad tips.

I'm sure many more I missed. He's a good dude.
I was off slightly. LOL

Can't wait until both of you are about "equal" in mods. Are you going to be E85 by the time y'all run again?

merlinmol

Established Member
We will probably run again on our current setup. It just wont be with passengers in the car. I am not sure what else I will do to the car. Since I take it on road course tracks I can't just keep adding power.

GunsUpCoyote

Global Wahhh? 12 mpg
Established Member
We will probably run again on our current setup. It just wont be with passengers in the car. I am not sure what else I will do to the car. Since I take it on road course tracks I can't just keep adding power.

I hear it's easy to put a bottle in and easier to take it out:dancenana:

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
roush-tvs-o.gif

merlinmol

Established Member
dont understand you someone would get a magnuson charger over everything else for a 5.0, TVS ate that shit up.

For one thing mine is a TVS as well. I am on stock pulley and airbox. The Roush TVS car is pullied down and CAI. If you think I lost because of Roush VS Maggie you are sorely mistaken. All the TVS superchargers (including VMP) use the same Eaton Rotors. Power differences on the same setups are pretty close to each other.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread