2013 10k miles

Steeda CAI
Full Catback with X
6 spd
MGW short throw
tune
Trackpack car
NT05R 285 out back I believe
(Bone Stock the car put 405 hp down the on dyno can't remember the tq but it was high as well lol)

VS

2011 28k miles

Steeda CAI
X pip w/cats and Roush AB
When tuned it put down 397/370 currently running a factory tune from Ford
6 spd
255 Pilot Super Sports on all 4

After about a year of seeing my friend with his nice 13 at meets finally last week I asked if he wanted do a little dancin' on our way home. Mostly to see where my car stood with his without having a tune. Did the usual 3rd gear and let him honk and take the punch. 2 runs. Same result both time. 3rd gear we're side by side, Shifting into 4th I can tell a nice half car jump on me but not running away. Shift into fifth and it becomes a car and a half. by the end of fifth he had 2-3 cars on me. So all in all I was happy with the outcome.

He said my car ran real good and he was shocked he didn't pull me harder. Actually mentioned that he had beaten tuned cars with more mods much worse. He's a damn fine driver so I was pretty stoked.

This was my first lost to a new 5.0 that is NA

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Nice runs.

I've had several opportunities to run a couple of local 4.6s and 5.0s here. I've always backed down, to many cops hiding behind every tree and billboard.

Rct851

Established Member
So basically your car is bone stock since the x pipe and axle back don't pick up anything if cats are still in place and your on the stock tune

Is your friends catback catless? Who's tune?

What speed did y'all go in 3rd(hehe)

405rwhp stock is obviously holds no water

jblood37

Established Member
So basically your car is bone stock since the x pipe and axle back don't pick up anything if cats are still in place and your on the stock tune

Is your friends catback catless? Who's tune?

What speed did y'all go in 3rd(hehe)

405rwhp stock is obviously holds no water

Probably 75 or so right? So you guys did a race 3rd-5th?

GunsUpCoyote

Global Wahhh? 12 mpg
Established Member
Basically yes my car is stock. No the tires do not change the outcome I was just giving every detail I could think of.

3rd gear 45ish through 5th yes

01bluesnake

Established Member
Agreed. Also depends on how they are reading the numbers, SAE or STD will make a difference but typically not that much. I think i was like 400whp STD, 392 SAE but with cat deletes and a tune.

Nasty500

Banned
Am I missing something was the 5.0 not in the 2011's??? I don't see why it wasn't a dead even race why did he pull you?

Users who are viewing this thread