13/14 rear brake adapter for 11/12s

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
I got a set of machined rear caliper adapters off of eBay...

Tried doing a purchase history search in my eBay account but I believe I bought it back in 2017... and tried a new search to see if there are any around.

No luck...

........................................................................................................................................................

I liked this kit, it included a set of bolts to bolt the adapter to original axle spindle/mounting tab. Then it re-uses the OE bolt to mount the caliper onto the adapter.
No need to disconnect the brake hoses or disassembling axle shafts.

Ordered a set of StopTech cross-drilled/slotted cryo rotors [13/14 GT500]. I ended up just retaining the OE pads but picked up a set of EBC "Red" pads just in-case.

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
They are available because I bought a set and am running 13-14 rotors on the rear of my 07

The guy was out of NC but he was slowing production down and this was many years ago

Just a intermediate bracket to extend the OEM caliper out to accomodate the larger rotor

heres the link to the part

05-14 Mustang 14" Rear Brake Rotor Adapter Brackets GT Boss 302 GT500 | eBay

Wow,

Cool, you found the listing I was going to reference.... wonder why it didn't come up in my account...

Totalpkg

Established Member
Cleveland,OH, USA or Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I purchased a set off Ebay. Had no issued with them. However, ended up upgrading to Eradispeed two piece rotors which came with adapters. I just sold the rear adapters I bought from Ebay. I tried to find them on Ebay, but couldn't fine the ad.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I would assume all a ‘07-12 would need would be factory ‘13-14 caliper brackets and rotors. Calipers are the same.
-J

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
Cool thanks for the help fellas. Yea I need some more stopping power in my life lol

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Seeing if this pic service works here & is viewable...

L9ac9BR
L9ac9BR

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
It’s as much an aesthetic upgrade as a functional one. The stockers look way too small on a 20” rim.
Its only an aesthetic. And if you are changing the rears only then it might hurt function not improve it.
I'm not saying don't do it, just don't do it for the wrong reasons.

Last edited:

barspen

Established Member
Agree with what several others stated - This is an aesthetic mod, not a functional one. I have been using the brackets for about 4.5 Years and about 40K miles. DD + 2-3 HPDE days per year and they work great. You get a little bit of advantage of extra area for heat dissipation with the '13-'14 bigger rotors, but it's minor and really has no performance advantage on the street.

If you want to stop quicker, get better tires and upgrade to a Auto-X pad (for the street)...the trade-off is more noise and dust. Unless you are really pushing the limits of the car, most brake upgrades and not worth the cost.

Radron2626

Established Member
Agree with what several others stated - This is an aesthetic mod, not a functional one. I have been using the brackets for about 4.5 Years and about 40K miles. DD + 2-3 HPDE days per year and they work great. You get a little bit of advantage of extra area for heat dissipation with the '13-'14 bigger rotors, but it's minor and really has no performance advantage on the street.

If you want to stop quicker, get better tires and upgrade to a Auto-X pad (for the street)...the trade-off is more noise and dust. Unless you are really pushing the limits of the car, most brake upgrades and not worth the cost.

My only concern is if they hold up during HPDE and AutoX, it sounds like it does.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Larger braking surface area and it does look better.

JJK

Established Member
Hello all, I am looking to see if anyone knows where to get the adapters to run 13/14 rear rotors on a 11/12 I have seen them for sale every now and then just not where they came from.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Any idea where I can find the caliper adapters so that I can use the 13.8 rear rotors on my 2014?

Users who are viewing this thread