13-14 GT500 cams for 01 with 4.6 dohc eaton swap

K&DSVT

Established Member
I'm redoing my motor and I seen where someone is selling some 13-14 GT500 cams and I was wondering if this would work well in my engine and if so would I need to replace the valve springs or anything else. Has anybody used these cams before? Thanks

01yellercobra

Established Member
I believe those are the old GT cams. If so I used them in a 5.3 stroker set up. No complaints about them. I did swap to Comp springs (before the issues), but I've seen others say springs aren't needed. I only spun that engine to 6500rpm though.

K&DSVT

Established Member
So did they give you a more power through out the power range? Did it move your power range? Noticeable difference over stock? Would it be worth the 400 he asking for them?

GodStang

Established Member
I believe those are the old GT cams. If so I used them in a 5.3 stroker set up. No complaints about them. I did swap to Comp springs (before the issues), but I've seen others say springs aren't needed. I only spun that engine to 6500rpm though.

Yes the 13/14 are Ford GT Cams.

As far as gains I think people back in the day claimed like 25rwhp but you can get almost that from proper degreeing of cams and then 10rwhp dyno vary is super common. No you don't need special springs and it is why many people like them.

Depends on what you mean by works well. Way way way better options but they can add up.

01yellercobra

Established Member
So did they give you a more power through out the power range? Did it move your power range? Noticeable difference over stock? Would it be worth the 400 he asking for them?

I couldn't tell you to be honest. That engine was a fresh build and the cams were in it from the beginning. I have toyed with the idea of throwing them in my 04, but it's a lot of work.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I have have some FR500 cams I'll be selling soon. Along with beehive springs/retainers.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread