13/14 exhaust

455HO71

Established Member
Over the winter/ spring I will be converting the rear of my 2011 to a 13/14. I have already installed the tail lights but will be getting a bumper cover/ valance and finally an exhaust. Right now I have a stock exhaust on my 11 except for Roush axlebacks. I'm going in the direction of an off-road H or X pipe (leaning toward H for sound reasons) which brings me to my question. It's so hard trying to study exhaust via Youtube so I figured I'd ask you guys. I love the Corsa Sport quad tips but I'm not sure I want to spend the money on them since they are pricey (maybe down the road) especially because a friend has a brand new set of OEM quad tips off of his 2014 he is going to give me for free. Sound-wise I would like it a bit louder than my current set up so I'm not sure what an off-road mid pipe will sound with factory GT500 mufflers vs the Corsa sports. The free mufflers saving me over $900 right off the bat is heavily weighing on my decision! Thoughts??

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Not even a debate, go stock '13-14 mufflers and catless mid-pipe with headers.
I run 2" primaries, 3.5" collector, full 3" pipes to stock mufflers, and it's a great combo.
Used the money saved on headers.
Last, powder coat or use high temp engine paint to paint the stock muffler rear section flat black as they're visible from rear. I painted them myself with ceramic header black.
I like the OEM tip design too.
-J

455HO71

Established Member
I would love to do long tubes but not in the budget at this time. Thankfully I've already got the tail lights but still need the rest of the rear end in addition to the exhaust. I have a kid on the way in early May next year so I'm going to be a bit strapped with that. I suppose I can use the stock muffler set up and do long tubes at a later time as everything else will be ready.

455HO71

Established Member
Sorry- forgot to mention about the mufflers.... Yes, I like the sharp cut of the stock tips on the quad set up vs the rounded ones. That's why I like the Corsas as well. I know the stock ones aren't double-walled or anything but imo they still look better than any rounded tips. As far as paint, that totally makes sense since the factory mufflers are monsterous and can be seen!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Always easy to spend another's cash, just when you said the stock mufflers would save you $900 I know you can find some used headers for that, but yes other expenses for the complete swap. It's worth it, really updates the car.
-J

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Lethal Off Road H, stock over the axle pipes, 13-14 mufflers as you desire.

Should give you a deep tone with the look you want for the conversion. trust me, the off road mid pipe will give you PLENTY of volume when you want it. I really like the setup with stock mufflers (11-14). Good volume when youre not on it but completely acceptable for passengers and the neighborhood. Great part is that it sounds like hell unleashed when you go WOT.

Flow increase over stock cats is good as the stock muffler baffles arent restrictions once the cat is gone.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I would love to do long tubes but not in the budget at this time. Thankfully I've already got the tail lights but still need the rest of the rear end in addition to the exhaust. I have a kid on the way in early May next year so I'm going to be a bit strapped with that. I suppose I can use the stock muffler set up and do long tubes at a later time as everything else will be ready.
Well, just take the free rear mufflers and go about your business. If you want louder, wait until you can afford LTH, then make a decision. Good luck!

455HO71

Established Member
I have a brand new Ford 2014 GT rear bumper cover but shipping to Canada would be a NIGHTMARE!!o_O

Ya, it's big and bulky totally understand! I can get a new OEM cover for $280 Cdn through an auto recycle business right near my house. My neighbour has a body shop down the road so he can prep and paint it. Is it race red perhaps?? lol

Coosawjack

Established Member
Actually it was supposed to be "Race Red" but it didn't match too well so the sent me another one that was a LOT better!!
20160302_140905 (2).jpg

Last edited:

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
I agree not to spend $900 on the Corsa's given you're going off road on the exhaust. Also....I did H to X than went back to H Pipe as they gave my car a deeper not as raspy sound as the X-Pipe. But that difference depends on your personal preference. I love my Corsa Sports but had to paint them once ON the car as the muffler housings were larger than stock. If only I knew.

+1 for painting them with hi-temp flat black header paint before install .
Bimini's advice is spot on .....great suggestion !

Users who are viewing this thread